8

I woke up slightly disoriented on Sunday morning, I spent 5 minutes questioning whether it was Monday or Saturday.

When I finally got up, I popped myself on some toast and scrambled eggs and set myself down to eat whilst mentally thinking of the chores left to do before I went to pick up Brooke.

I can't believe that's today. I've been moaning about it all week but now I'm so stressed that she is going to be judging my flat. I mean it's not huge, and the decor is very me, all grey and mustard furnishings. She might not be into all that. Then again, two weeks isn't that long after all.

At 12pm I decided to go and get a shower, I'd need to leave at about 1:30. Theoretically if it took us 1 hour from the office it would take me about 1h30mins from my flat. I straightened my hair and stuck it up in my signature high ponytail.

I went through my closet after noticing that it was very hot today, I picked out a maxi dress that was quite tight but once I'd got it on I couldn't be bothered with the fight to wrestle it on. I just hoped that I would be able to drive in it. After grabbing my sunglasses, my sandals and denim jacket I headed for the door.

The journey to Logan's was uneventful. I listened to my music on an offensively high volume but who am I hurting?

Once I saw the turning I turned the music down, I don't think Tim would be happy with me deafening Brooke before I'd even got her home. I saw Brooke, she was dressed in black skinny jeans with a small rip in the knees, a blue camisole and a black leather jacket. "Isn't she warm" I silently said to myself. Wondering if I should have put the air con on in the car in preparation.

As I pulled up she walked towards my car with a huge suitcase. Oh shit, I don't think Tim realised that my car struggles to take people let alone fit in luggage.

"Hey Brooke" I smiled as I opened my door.

"Hey, thank you so much for coming to get me. I'm so excited" Brooke had really nice teeth when she smiled. I can't say I'd noticed before.

"Don't mention it, here pass me your case and I'll squeeze it in the back whilst you make yourself comfy at the front" I pointed towards her suitcase

"I'm really sorry. I didn't even consider you might have a small car when I packed my huge case. " was that a dig there Brooke?

"Oh it's like a Tardis don't you worry." I smirked at her.

Admittedly I did have to put one of the seats down to be able to fit in her suitcase but I got it in nonetheless.

"Ready?" I asked looking at Brooke as I turned the key in the ignition.

"Yeah definitely" Brooke was far too eager.

We set off and soon hit the M62 on our way back.

"So then...how did your uncle take the news of you coming to stay with us for a while to train you?" The silence was killing me and I still couldn't put my music up to my normal level.

"To be fair, I'm not sure what Tim said to him but it must have worked because he seemed genuinely excited to get me out of there for a few weeks" she laughed.

"Yeah he has a way words sometimes" I joined her laughing.

"So; what exactly is it you do? That is of course if you don't mind me asking?" I could feel Brooke's eyes on me as she spoke.

"I am a personal assistance to Tim. So I book all of his meetings, take notes, manage his diary, you know all of the typical things you'd expect of a PA." I glanced across and smiled at her.

"I bet he's a really great man to work for?"

"Yeah he is, don't get me wrong, he has his moments but I am very privileged to be in the job I am at my age." I answered her honestly.

"Which is?"

"Oh, erm 22. I'll be 23 in august" I looked quickly over to her to gauge her reaction.

"Oh me too!" She said a little too enthusiastically

"I know, your uncle mentioned it when we met him" I smiled as I chatted to her.

"Oh I see" I all she said.

I could see her desperately trying to think of something to say, I thought I'd help her.

"So have you ever been to Castleford before?"

"No, I mean I've driven by on the motorway but I've never been, what's it like?" She seemed thankful that I had taken charge of the conversation at least.

"Oh it's smaller and much less interesting than Manchester. But we do have a Cineworld, and a TGIFridays so it's on the upward trajectory" I laughed.

"Oh industrial Manchester where I live and work, as you've seen is not all Big City Bright Lights. We don't even have a Golden Arches within good driving distance"

What the hell is a Golden Arches?

"A what?" I asked out loud.

"Oh a McDonald's, the M looks like Golden Arches" she's laughing at me.

"Oh yeah, well you are seriously repressed then" I winked at her.

She just laughed and seemed to relax, looking both at me and out of the window at the boring everlasting M62.