7

Saturday morning came and went and I spent most of it in bed. Scrolling Tiktok, eating bacon Sandwiches and drinking juice.

By 1pm I decided I'd go for a run, I liked to run on a weekend. It gave me breathing space and meant that I didn't have to talk to people at the gym.

I settled into a pace with my air pods in, playing my favourite playlist. I had 'Lost' by Frank Ocean blasting into my ears and the warm sun on my pasty skin. Even in the May weather I would never tan, my natural blonde hair and blue eyes are to thank for that. Oh and of course genetics. I remember that my mum and dad once went on holiday for a week and came back looking like a pair of tomatoes.

Once I'd started to feel the burn in my thighs I slowed down. Looking at my watch id been solidly running for around 1 hour so it felt like a good time to head home. I passed the butchers on my way home and picked up some ham for my lunches next week.

I took a shower and settled down with a nice salmon salad as a 'reward' lol. I decided I'd have a marathon of Skins this afternoon. No matter how many times I've watched it, it never gets boring for me.

After a couple of episodes I started to feel myself drifting to sleep on the sofa.

A tiny little bit of dribble caught me from myself as I jumped up, wondering how long I'd been asleep, 6:30pm...Ah fuck.

I hate having long naps because I know for a fact I'll sleep shit tonight and this might be the last good nights sleep I would have got for 2 weeks without wondering what the fuck Brooke was doing in my house.

I spent the rest of the night getting Brooke's room just right, the bedding, the pillows, some well organised candle placements. Standing back to observe my work. "Yep that'll do" I said out loud.

What the fuck do I do now? It's too early and I'm far too awake to go to bed but it's almost 8...

I know.

Katie:
Hey Luke, you busy? Wanna come over for some fun?

Luke:
Hey trouble, yeah of course. Give me an hour or so? 👿

Luke and I have been friends for about 5 years. We met in college and occasionally fucked in the college toilets. Yes I know, not very classy.

We could never have made it work in a relationship because he's not my type and I'm not his. We were just always there for each other to scratch an itch we couldn't reach by ourselves.

Typically Luke and I sleep together every now and again when we are bored. I can't say I get a huge amount from it but Luke's nice to me and he understands what I want and need, and I do for him too.

Just as punctually as ever, Luke comes barging through the front door.

"Hey my little booty call" he said like an excited puppy.

"Call me that again and I won't be calling you anymore" I laughed as I gave him a peck on the lips to greet him.

"Wanna drink?" He offered as he pulled a bottle of white wine from behind his back.

"Does a bear shit in the woods?" I was already getting the glasses out of the cabinet.

I sat down on the couch waiting for him to finish pouring my glass and I took a large gulp, enjoying every moment of it. I looked at Luke as he did the same.

No one could deny that Luke was an attractive man, he had dark brown hair. Bright blue eyes and the tiniest bit of stubble that framed his sharp jaw line.

"Hard week?" He glanced at me, already knowing the answer.

"You wouldn't believe it, my boss has talked me into letting someone's staff stay here for 2 weeks..." I said taking another gulp of wine.