6

The next few days went quieter than that Monday had, luckily Tim hadn't decided to adopt anymore customers staff.

I had been emailing back and forth with Brooke for a few days just to set about the logistics of her staying with me:

Katiebolotvic@clarkservices.co.uk:

Hi Brooke,

It's Katie from Clark Services. As you may be aware we have decided that as your training with is at HQ is a long commute you will be able to stay with me for a couple of weeks to assist with your training programme. I hope that is okay with you. Please let me know if there is anything you'd like me to stock in advance of your stay.

Your training will begin next Monday, so please let me know if there is a suitable time on Sunday for me to come and collect you.

Kindest Regards

Katie Bolotvic
PA to Tim Clark
Clark Services

BrookeLogan@Logantimber.com

Hi Katie,

Thank you so much for your offer to have me stay over. That is very kind of you.

I am free all day on Sunday so I can be collected whenever is suitable for yourself.

Thanks
Brooke

Katiebolotvic@clarkservices.co.uk:

Hi Brooke,

No worries.

I will come and collect you around 3pm from the timber yard.

Speak soon

Kind regards
Katie Bolotvic
PA to Tim Clark
Clark Services

Me and Tim entertained a few more customers that week, going back and forth about what improvements could be made to their businesses.

Some businesses were easier than others. Some would just be a change of marketing technique or a few processes to be tightened up on. Others however took us months, and quite frankly some we couldn't save.

It was soon Friday and my rotational pattern of work-home work-home was almost over for another week. At 3pm Bob, one of our accounting consultants came to my office.

"Hey Katie, are we all set for Brooke coming next week?"

"Yep everything is in hand Bob, we have set Brooke up with a loan Mac that is in the store cupboard, it has everything on there that she will need. I've booked out the training room for the next two weeks so you should be all good to go." I assured Bob.

Bob was an older man, I'm not sure how old. Late 50's maybe? I thought it was rude to ask. He had thinning grey hair, round glasses and always wore a grey suit. He'd been working here since we opened and in all fairness was probably the most knowledgeable consultant we had.

"Brilliant, see you next week!"

"Bye" I smiled as he wandered away from my desk.

At 5pm sharp I folded my Mac, put my coat on and grabbed my keys. I normally will stay until I've finished my emails and such but I'd had enough for one week. Plus I needed to go to Asda and pick up a few things to make Brooke feel at home. I know what you're thinking 'oh that's nice of you' no don't worry I'll be charging them to Tim's credit card haha.

I pulled into Asda car park and headed for the bedding aisle. I have no idea what Brooke would even like? Hmm I'll just go safe, cream bedding with tiny daisies on it. I got matching pillow cases and a couple of candles and some decorative cushions to make her feel a bit more homely in that cold spare bedroom.

I picked myself up a micro meal for my tea and set off to the till.

"that's £37.80 please love" the cashier distracted me from me staring into space.

"Thank you, I'll pay by card" I said as I placed my company credit card down on the reader.

As I walked to the car I started to second guess whether this was a good idea. I had been doing it all week. Going back and forth with myself about why I'd let Tim talk me into this! He really does owe me big time. And I'm holding him to his deal of getting me a company car!

I didn't do much that night, typically on a Friday I'd go to a bar, get bought a few drinks and probably bring some random man back to fuck me. But with my incoming house mate I just couldn't be bothered. I was mentally drained.

After tea, I set myself up in bed for the night. I should probably ring my mum as I've not spoken to her for a few days.

"Hey Sweetheart" she bounded as she answered the phone.

"Oh hey mum, you okay?"

"Yeah I'm good love, and you? How's work been? Is Tim being nice? Is that girl coming this weekend?" She pounced at me.

"Yes, tiring, yes, and unfortunately to answer your questions in order." I muttered

"Oh love try and be nice to her, you do sometimes come across as a bit standoffish"

"Who me?!" I said trying to act surprised but it wasn't a shock.

"I know, who'd have thought it. But try and remember she has worked hard and hasn't yet seen any of the positives unlike you."

"I know mum, trust me, pity is the only reason I agreed to this." I told her honestly.

"Well at least you agreed, that's a start isn't it. Right love, I'll speak to you over the weekend. And don't forget. Be nice. I love you."

"Love you mum" I shut down my phone and rested my head on my pillow trying to relax. After a short while and with the help of some sleeping tablets I fell into a deep sleep.