16| lucky number 8

TW: MENTION OF DRUGS AND ALCOHOL ABUSE AND MISUSE

Vinnie's POV

It had been three hours of me standing infront of my mirror practicing the explanation I'm going to give Olive in 30 minutes, and I can't seem to get it right, I mean how are you supposed to tell your hopefully soon to be girlfriend that the reason you cheated on her with her best friend was because you were getting blackmailed and were just trying to protect her? Exactly it's impossible, although I told Katerina exactly what went down last year, it's completely different with Olive, Kat wasn't the one I cheated on. So that's it I'm just gonna have to wing it and if she tells me it's not good enough and tells me we are never getting back together, I'm just going to have to accept it and move on, you will never move on from her. 

The half an hour had passed and now here I am sitting in my car parked outside her apartment building, just trying to work up the courage to go inside and tell her everything. I get out of the car and walk up the stairs to her apartment door, taking in a deep breath I pull myself together to knock on the door. It swings open and there she is standing there in her gorgeous form, God I don't deserve her. "Vinnie hey! Come in" she steps to the side allowing me to enter the room, "So I'm guessing you're here for item number 8?" she asks me as she shut the door behind her, "yeah, uh, lucky number eight" I give her small smile trying to hide the immense fear I feel right now that she will just kick me out when I finish talking. "Okie dokie then, have a seat, I've been waiting for this one for a while now" she laughs, oh my God please don't let me break her heart again.

She looks comfortable on the couch, on the other hand, I'm practically sweating in my serious position, which she has definitely picked up on, "Hey, are you alright? Do you want water or something?" she asks me sweetly, "Oh no I'm fine, just figuring out where to start" that's only half a lie, I am not fine, however, I am just trying to figure out where to start this conversation. "Ok then let know if you need to take a break or anything" she smiles.

"Ok, so it started in maybe October last year," I begin, "you cheating on me? I thought you said the party was the first time?!" she looks hurt, "oh go no not that just the story" I calm her down, "oh sorry, I won't interrupt you, well I'll try not to" she nods. "So, October last year I started getting these weird messages saying like 'your girlfriend isn't what she seems' or 'you should keep an eye on olive', it was so weird I just ignored them of course thinking it was just some random who got a hold of my number so I blocked them, so they just messaging from another phone, this is why I got a new number last year, hoping that would work, it didn't, it went on for so long, I never responded to any except for a simple 'who is this?' or 'what do you want', then when you and I went to some halloween party, I ran into Georgia who showed me similar messages she had been sent from the same numbers of course, she told me she had no idea what they were talking about or why we were getting sent them, she said she asked around and no one else had been sent them, just her and I, which I thought was really suspicious because I figured that out of her and Charly you were closer with Charly." Olive nodded at this, "My suspicions were confirmed when I got a message from the number with an address saying 'show up or else' so I went of course and I found Georgia's now ex Brandon there, he said had been sending the texts which made sense why Georgia was getting them and then he pulled out his phone to show me a video," I looked at Olive and at the mention of a video she looked sick, "It was a video of you, um barely conscious on a beach snorting something with a drink in your hand and after it you were saying-" "Oh just come over and fuck me already Jake, we'll just do it on the beach?" she cuts me off, which leaves me shocked she knew about the video, "believe me Vinnie I know about the video, I always knew it was still out there, nothing is ever really gone" she rolls her eyes, "do you want me to keep going?" I ask, she nods in response.

"So he showed my the video, to which I was really shocked, not at your actions you were clearly young and didn't understand truly what you were doing, but at the fact that people had recorded you and had shared it so far that your best friends ex boyfriend had it, so after I watched it I asked him what he was doing with it, so he said I had to break up with you before your 19th birthday or he would send it to everyone he knew, which I knew was bad, so I tried for weeks on end to just stop talking to you so you would dump me, because I didn't want to hurt you, which I now know was fucking stupid, once you birthday party had come around, I knew I was going to be able to do it, so that night at the party I texted the number to say 'I know you're here meet me now we need to talk' and he responded with 'meet me in Olive's room' so I did, I went straight there, once I was inside I tried to calm down, then heard the door open and turned around to find Georgia had walked in which confused me a lotttt, she came closer to me wrapping her arms around my neck, so I pushed her off asking what the fuck she was doing, so she pulled the video out on her phone and explained that she was just using Brandon to get me to dump you so she could have me, so I called her crazy and that I wasn't going to break up with you" Olive looked like she was going to cry, "she said I didn't have to break up with you and she had a new deal for me, if I had sex with her right then she wouldn't leak the video and she would delete the video for good and make sure no one else she knew had it, so I thought it over and even though I shouldn't have I agreed, sos he pushed me back on to the bed kissing me, I had changed my mind and tried getting her off of me, and that's when you came in and she had made it seem like we had been hooking up behind you back for months, which we hadn't" she takes a deep breath acknowledging what I have just said to her,  "Ollie I am so so sorry I know I shouldn't have done it" she cuts me off with a swat to my arm, "You're an idiot Vincent Hacker, I know the video was bad and you were just protecting me because let's be honest it would ruin my career, but you should have just come talked to me" she looks pissed off, "yeah I realise that now, but I just want to drag you back into something you clearly thought was over" I sigh, "I forgive you," she says so silently you wouldn't hear it if there were more people in the room, "pardon? you what?" I ask her, "oh you heard me, I FORGIVE YOU! Do I have to spell it out or something?" she laughs, which makes me laugh its been over two years of me know this girl and I still love her laugh so much, this leads me to reaching out and tickling her knowing she hates it, "AHHH" she screams laughing making both of us laugh, I stop tickling her and bring her into a warm embrace, like the kind we used to enjoy together. "So tomorrow night? Did you keep the night free?" I ask whilst still hugging her, "yes, I did, do I need to wear anything special?" she makes me smile softening in my arms, "No, don't dress up, actually I'll just come here at 6 and pick what you're wearing" I smile kissing the top of her head, which I know makes me smile.       "I love you Olive" I hold her close, "I know I can and will love you again Vinnie, and I probably do already, but I don't think I'm ready to say it again" she says softly, "And I will never pressure you into saying it" I tell her, but right now I don't want to talk, I just want to hold her like i used to.

Author's note

ahhhh there it is guys..... the explanation, vinnie is done all of his tasks, and do we still hate georgia, because you better she's awful and will NOT be receiving a redemption arc. I hope you enjoyed this chapter, it will probably be the last for today, have a good day/night lovelies <3