18| take a hint

Olive's POV

It had been a month since Vinnie and I had got back together, a month of me actually being happy and not wanting to cry everytime I read something about him online. It's been a week since I last saw him though, my sister had surprised me with a week long getaway and said I was absolutely not allowed to invite Vinnie or any other guys for that matter. The week was amazing, I spent almost everyday by the water soaking up the sun whether it was a pool or the beach, I loved it, it made me think of home. I did miss Vin though, and couldn't wait to see him. The only thing was while we were away I talked to Kat about the whole thing and she said that as much as she is happy for me, she doesn't want me to turn into the girl I was a year ago when I was with Vinnie, and that I have matured a lot so I need to be the priority in my own life, not Vinnie. Even though I didn't totally enjoy the speech, I needed to hear it. And now I knew I need to focus on the most important thing in my life right now, my music.

INSTAGRAM

@ollierosejames was in need of some r & r with the best

@ollierosejames was in need of some r & r with the best.... some exciting things coming soon 👀

tagged: @kitkaterina

location: florida beach

@charlyjordan hottie

@user74 her and her sister look so alike!!

      ^ @user59 i'm pretty sure they're stepsisters lol

      ^ @user3 not they're bio sisters liv just looks like their mom and kat looks like their dad

@vinniehacker 😍😍😍

@user032 r ollie and vinnie back together or sum?

@kitkaterina uh photo creds??

@brycehall woah liv i think your sister is hotter than u

        ^ @ollierosejames gag🤮

@joshrichards nice toes ol!

@user83 what's her ethnicity??

        ^ @user04 y do u care lmao?

REAL LIFE

Vinnie's POV

Ollie has only been gone a week and I miss her so much, I'm so glad that we're finally back together and as soon as I'm about to talk to her about going public about us getting back together, Katerina comes and sweeps her away, and as always Kat comes first, I just wish for once Ollie could put us first. But now here I am driving to the airport because her sister couldn't be bothered to get her a ride home. 

Once I pull into the terminal pick up I spot her, with her gorgeous long black hair sunglasses perched on her nose as she stares at her phone probably waiting for the text I'm about to send to let her know that I'm here, but before I can she spots me too. She walks the short distance to my car putting her bag in the backseat and hopping into the passenger seat next to me. "Hey I missed you" I smile at her, "I missed you too!" She smiles back, I lean in to kiss her, but she turns her head to stop me, I can't help but think she just dodged me, weird. "So how was your week?" I ask her as I turn out heading towards my place so she can just stay over like she used to, "Uh yeah, it was nice" she sounded strange almost annoyed, I don't push and ask questions. Once we pull up at the lights she must notice that we're going to my house and not her apartment. "Where are you going?" she asks, "Oh, I thought we could just go straight to my place, would eb a lot faster," I chime, the annoyed look on her face grows, "Oh, um I was kind of just hoping to go to my apartment and chill out you know?" she smiles lightly, "Oh totally, I should have asked sorry" she doesn't respond not even with a oh no it's ok, it's like she does want me to sorry, this is so weird.

Once we pull up at her apartment I turn off my car and go to get out, she looks shocked now, "Um what are you doing?" she accusingly, "I was gonna come in, you know?" I chuckle, "it's been a long week, you know and I just want to be alone, I was gonna work on my music and stuff, just some me time" she smiles as she grabs her bag, heading in until she turns around "thanks for the ride Vin! I might call you if I have time!" she calls walking in, I nod. She might call me if she has time? What the fuck, surely she hasn't changed that much in the last year, what happened to the old Olive that only ever wanted to spend time with me so much that it got annoying?

Olive's POV

Oh my God, that was the awkwardest thing I have ever experienced, it was like he didn't listen to me, I literally texted him last night saying "hey, do you think you could give me a ride back to my apartment from the airport tomorrow, all good if you can't" what part of that says, "I want to come hang out at your place after I just spent a whole week in Florida?" he just couldn't take the hint, I know saying I might call you if I have time was harsh, but I think it was the only way I could tell him I'm over the whole clingy joined at the hip thing that we had the whole time in our last relationship, don't get me wrong I enjoy spending time with Vinnie, but I'm not some helpless 17 year old girl that needs her boyfriend to hold her hand every single day anymore, I really understand what Kat meant now, I did miss Vinnie, and I hated that we broke up, but I also hate that my life was good when we weren't together too! When I was single, I had time for myself, which meant to time for music, and now that we're back together I need to figure out what that means for my music and where I can possibly fit Vinnie into my life again, because music really took the place where he used to be.

Author's Note

here it is... sorry for keeping y'all waiting for so long, i really just didn't know how to keep this book going, I just can't let them be happy can I? There will be a return of something crucial later on, whether that be a person, a thing or who knows maybe both? Anyway stay tuned I'm working tomorrow so there will most likely not be a chapter but who knows maybe I will be inspired! anyway have a great day/night lovelies <3