036 | EDWARD CULLEN

━━ IMAGINE

━━ IMAGINE . . .

Neither of you were sure how exactly the argument started, but Edward accusing you of cheating on him with Mike Newton was the final straw.

You didn't want to be near him, didn't want to so much as look at him, so you went into your bedroom and slammed the door behind you.

Edward stood on the far side, trying to talk to you, but his pleas fell on deaf ears. He winced at each drop of your tears that hit the pillow, his enhanced hearing making it sound ten times louder. He turned and pressed his back against the door, sliding down to the floor.

He couldn't believe he'd been so stupid. He knew he'd made a huge mistake the second the words left his mouth. The image of you recoiling from him like you'd been slapped played over and over in his mind; the way your lips parted and your eyes filled with tears. Idiot, idiot, idiot, he scolded himself harshly.

You'd had arguments before, but nothing like this. To be entirely honest, Edward wasn't sure if your relationship could recover from it.

Y/N, please, I'm ... I'm so sorry, love, I shouldn't have said what I said. It was so stupid, and I'm stupid, and please just ... please open the door so we can talk. Please ...