7

Confused. Perplexed. Puzzled. Befuddled. Lost. These are all words Jeff would use to describe himself right now. Everything about this scenario was just...fucking weird.

For starters, he was sitting on a stool at the kitchen counter while the girl he'd just attempted to murder-twice- plated some buffalo wings for them to eat. Not to mention he was still walking around with only one shoe on, and as he'd walked by a hallway mirror, he'd noticed a small, purple bruise on the bridge of his nose. She'd left a mark. No one ever hit him, left a mark, and lived this long. (Y/N) seemed to know it too, by the way she moved and talked and looked at him with total confidence. She knew she'd outlived anyone else who'd ever been in her shoes.

(Y/N) handed him a plate of wings and sat on another stool to eat hers. As Jeff ate, rather happy to have some real food, he kept noticing her staring at him intensely, scrutinizing him with her (e/c) eyes. Eventually the pressure wore him down and he bitterly asked, "What are you looking at?"

(Y/N) swallowed her chicken and tapped her cheek. Jeff figured as much. She was staring at his scars. It was pretty typical, but what she said next was not typical at all.

"How the hell do you chew? Well I mean obviously you can, I can see it in explicit detail. But how do you keep the food from like....falling out?"

If Jeff could blink in surprise, he would, but that little gesture hadn't been an option for a long time. "Uhhhh...practice, I guess?" He answered.

"Huh. While we're on the subject, what about your eyes? News articles claim you don't have any eyelids. So do you like, use eyedrops or something to keep 'em moist? Or do you just....lick them like a lizard." (Y/N) continued, furthering Jeff's stupor.

"Lizards....what....I- wait wait wait. News articles? You googled me?"

"Uh, yeah." The girl replied, like that was the dumbest question she'd ever heard. "A Joker-ripoff lunatic broke into my home in the middle of the night and tried to stab me. I needed to know exactly how exactly how fucked I was. And with you weren't exactly hard to find, dude. You've got a record."

Hearing her words admittedly bolstered Jeff's ego a little. It was almost a compliment, and Jeff had a feeling that this girl was hard to impress. "Yep. I'm pretty damn good at what I do." He bragged.

"Couldn't kill me, though." (Y/N) smirked, equally as cocky as Jeff.

"Not couldn't," The killer protested, "haven't."

"Oh, right. You're gonna stab me after you eat." She rolled her eyes, telling him that she didn't believe it was actually going to happen. Jeff scowled, annoyed by her arrogance, her confidence, her ease. He was Jeff the Killer, dammit! His name struck fear into people's hearts! Finally the question that had been burning in the back of his mind since last night fought it's way to the surface.

"Why aren't you afraid of me?!" Jeff demanded, slamming his fist down on the counter. (Y/N) didn't so much as wince at the loud clatter, or the volume of his voice. This only enraged Jeff even further. "What the hell is wrong with you? You don't even flinch!!"

"Wouldn't you like to know?" (Y/N) purred. She seemed amused by his little tantrum, and, unsurprisingly, not scared at all.

Jeff was about to tell her that yes, he very much would like to fucking know, but his words were stolen by the wooping sounds of fast-approaching police sirens. Jeff jumped out of his chair, knocking it over. Immediately he looked at (Y/N), expecting some sort of victorious smirk to tell him that she had somehow managed to call the police. To his surprise, she just looked confused.

Still sitting in her chair, (Y/N) glanced over her shoulder to look out the front window for cop cars. Suddenly, as if an idea struck her, she began digging in her pocket and produced a small black box with a gray button. "Ah." She said, looking down at the thing in her hands, "Panic button. Must've pressed it when you slammed me against the wall."

"A panic button??!!" Jeff shouted, in a bit of a panic himself. The police cars were getting closer now, he could hear them closing in.

"Yeah. When I press it, it calls the-" (Y/N) began to explain, but Jeff was already bolting out the back door. He was unbelievably pissed that he'd been robbed of yet another opportunity to kill her, but it was too late now. He had to get out of there or the cops would get him.

Jeff crossed the yard, climbed the fence and ran across another yard, just like he had last night. Unfortunately, the police had anticipated his escape route, and were waiting for him on the sidewalk. Several officers had their guns aimed, ready to fire. "Put your hands where I can see them." An officer barked at him through a megaphone. Jeff looked around for a way to escape, somewhere he could dash behind cover quickly. There was nothing. He was pinned. Slowly, in bitter defeat, Jeff raised his hands over his head and dropped his knife. Two officers rushed over; one kept a gun aimed at the killer while the other cuffed his hands behind his back. As he was lead to the back of a cop car, he heard the megaphone officer say,

"You are now under arrest."