16

Jeff felt something soft tickle his face, stirring him from his rather peaceful sleep. What was that...? It felt like a strand of spider silk, which was a creepy enough thought to wake Jeff up a little more. With bleary vision he saw only (h/c), reflecting the mid-morning light. He felt pleasant warmth against his face and chest and under....his arm.....oh fudgemonkeys.

Jeff bolted upright, his face red as a beet.

"How nice of you to join us, Jeffrey." You muttered. You remained on your side, facing away from him, to disguise the fact that your face was also red as fuck.

"I'm- gonna g-go for a walk." Jeff stammered and crawled out of the tent. He stormed across the dew-covered grass and fled into the woods. Oh god. He'd- he'd cuddled. With you. Probably all freakin' night! And you knew it, too! The events of last night flashed through his mind and brought a new wave of heat to his face. Your face on his shoulder, your arm around his waist...he even vaguely remembered drifting off to sleep, holding you. He just- he just- GAH!!! Jeff slammed his fist against a tree. He needed to punch something to feel manly again. He needed to punch a lot of somethings.

Back in the tent, you rolled onto your back and concentrated on calming your blush. Alright hormones, you can stop doing whatever you're doing. You focused on a single spot on the tent's ceiling until the heat in your face subsided, and your heartrate slowed down. Small tent.....cold night.....accident, accident.....

You heard footsteps outside of the tent. Jeff was back. Well, you two were gonna have to get over this, and the sooner the better. You got up and crawled to the front of the tent. You stuck your head out of the flaps, and came face to face with....not Jeff.

Whoever it was seemed equally surprised to see you. Or at least you thought it was. It wore a dark blue mask with no mouth or nose- only round eyeholes which opened to black voids that leaked inky goop.

"You're not Jeff." The creature said with a soft, almost timid male voice. Honestly, you were about to say the same thing. He must be one of Jeff's friends, you thought.

The masked boy leaned forward, causing you to lean back into the tent and rock backward onto your rear. His face stuck close to yours, never more than a few inches away. Soon he was halfway in the tent, with an arm holding him up on either side of you, and his waist between your knees. Clearly, he had no concept of personal space.

"Would you mind backing off a little, buddy?" You growled, irked by this stranger's disregard for your bubble. Why was no one respecting your bubble this morning!?

Things only got worse as he lowered his face and sniffed your shoulder. He turned his face inwards and continued sniffing up your neck, or rather, over the fabric of Jeff's hoodie. "This is Jeff's. Where is Jeff?" He asked, then sniffed some more. Apparently the answer wasn't important to the grey-skinned man, because he continued to murmur to himself, "Not Jeff smells good....has Jeff's hoodie, but Not Jeff....so I can....." Abruptly he grabbed the hem of Jeff's hoodie and yanked it upwards over your abdomen.

"Hey!" You exclaimed, but the creature clamped a rough grey hand over your mouth. You bit it, but he wasn't phased. The creature pushed your shirt up and exposed a bit of your waist. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a scalpel. You struggled against him, but he had you pinned with inhuman strength.

"A quick snack...and then find Jeff...." The creature raised his scalpel over your exposed skin, you bit down harder on his hand, and just as the scalpel was about to touch your skin....

You felt a yank against your teeth and let go of the creature's hand. He was pulled backward, off of you and out of the tent with one mighty tug. The tent flaps blocked your vision, but you heard a dull thud, followed by several small whacks. You fixed your shirt and peeled off Jeff's hoodie before peeking out of the tent.

"You idiot!" Jeff seethed. He was straddling the creature, pinning him to the ground as he held the guy by the front of his shirt. The creature's mask had been torn off, revealing a monstrous, eyeless face, which Jeff was beating the shit out of. "She's under my protection. You got that? If you so much as sniff her again I swear I will shove my whole fucking fist into your slimey little eyehole and pull out your fucking idiot brain, you got that??"

"Jeff, chill." You said, and emerged from the tent. "I'm fine. Besides, I think he was looking for you." You hadn't seen Jeff this angry since Toby tried to swing an axe at your head. Jeff looked at you, scowled and let the creature's head drop to the ground. The killer reluctantly climbed off of him and crossed his arms.

"What do you want, Jack?" Jeff spat, still looking ready to slit his friend's throat. "You better have a good fucking reason."

Jack (who you speculated was the 'Eyeless Jack' Jeff had once mentioned, as he didn't seem quite jovial enough to be named 'Laughing Jack') grabbed his mask and pulled it back over his head. "Ben sent me to find you...heard about the fire...we were worried, yes."

Jeff huffed, obviously not satisfied with that answer. "Well you can tell Ben that I'm fine, and that next time he should send a messenger who won't try to eat (y/n)."

Eyeless Jack was silent for a few moments, then ventured to ask, in an even quieter voice, "...Jane....?"

Jeff nodded solemnly. "Yeah, Jane."

With that, Jack seemed satisfied. He got up, nodded at you and Jeff, then slunk back into the trees.

Jeff released an exasperated sigh and rubbed his forehead. "I can't leave you alone for five minutes, can I."

Your lips twisted into a smirk. Already, an opportunity presenting itself on a silver platter. "Well, you couldn't last night."