22

If you had to choose the best fight of your life, ohhh boy, it would have been that one. You were pretty sure Chuck Norris himself would've shed a single tear of liquid pride over it. In the end your outburst of aggressive girlfriend rage left one security guard with a black eye, another with a split lip, and the nurse with a hyperextended knee. You also recieved a few good bruises as they detained you, but man, it was worth it. Even when they decided you should spend the night in a solitary confinement room, it was worth it.

So there you were, sore, in a dim room comparable to a prison cell. The bed was attached to the wall and everything. It was just you and the camera on the ceiling. You sat on the edge of your bed, rubbing your bruises and thinking of what to do next. Somehow, knowing that Jeff was in the same building was even worse torture than before. At the same time, it gave you a bit of hope. At least the 'finding eachother' step was no longer a problem, right?

A smile crept over your face as memories of your time with him started flashing by in your head. You wondered if he'd put up a fight too, after he saw you. There probably wasn't much he could've done in that mess of straps and bindings, but you never knew with Jeff. He was crafty. You'd even go as far as to call him a genius, in his own weird way.

You remembered one night in the old house, not too long after you'd met Jeff's friends for the first time. You told him stories about your various police encounters, and even your one, infamous night in jail. Jeff started talking about his prison experiences, and after a great deal of prying, he told you the secret behind his many escapes. He revealed that Toby, Clockwork and himself had a deal with BEN. In exchange for helping move his haunted cartridge from place to place (and letting him bum in their electronics every now and then), he used his ghost powers to bust them out if they ever got caught. All they needed to do was dial the numbers 333 on a phone, or write it in the view of a security camera, and he'd come.

You smacked your palm against your forehead. Duh. Why didn't you remember that sooner? You could summon BEN to break you out! He was probably searching for you guys already. All you needed was a calling card.

There was one problem, though; you didn't have anything to write with. The staff took all of your stuff before shutting you in here. Your brain began scanning through your index of memories, trying to come up with some crafty solution. Then you remembered something Jane had said.

"What message should I write in your blood?"

Of course! You'd have to write it in your blood. With determination you turned to the wall and picked a spot that would be in clear view of the camera. Then, without hesitaton, you bit down on the side of your thumb, sinking your canine into your flesh until you tasted blood. You pressed your bleeding thumb to the wall and dragged it around until you'd left a sloppy 333. With your work finished, you sat down to wait for BEN to appear. If he didn't, then after you got out you'd beat his ass so hard he'd come back to life.

He must've heard your mental threat loud and clear, because not even a minute had gone by before the camera emitted a loud static noise. The lense started glowing like a flashlight, and you watched as one, two, three fingertips, and then a whole hand emerged from it. BEN's ghostly figure pushed its way out of the camera, as if crawling out of a kitchen cupboard, until the whole boy was floating above you. The ghost drifted down to you and grinned from ear to ear.

"Dude, that was so hardcore. But ink or something would've been fine." BEN said amusedly and put his hands on his hips.

"Well I didn't exactly have a sharpie handy." You responded with a roll of your eyes.

"Whatever floats your boat." The ghost looked around at your enclosure. "Nice digs. Cleaner than the last place."

"Be serious, BEN." You said, not in the mood for his jokes right now. "Bust us out first, joke about it later."

" 'us'? You mean they actually stuck you and Jeff in the same asylum?" BEN looked at you skeptically, and you nodded. "Well I don't know how he managed that, but I ain't complainin'! Makes my job a hell of a lot easier. Gimme a sec."

You watched BEN dive back into the camera, which stopped glowing once he was gone. Quickly you scooted over to block your bloody scrawl from the camera's view, and once again found yourself waiting on BEN. After about ten minutes you heard the jingling of keys, and the door swung open to the smug-looking elf boy.

Two seconds after you stepped out of the room, an alarm went off in the hallway. They'd already realized something was amiss. You and BEN booked it down the hallway as the ghost explained the situation.

"I did a quick search on the cameras and found Jeff, but he's super heavily guarded. Leave that to me. You head for the nearest exit and find a place to hide outside. I killed all the cameras, so they won't know where you are. Just make sure no one spots you." BEN spoke quickly, in a more serious tone than you'd ever heard him use before. He tossed a ring of keys at you and you clasped them in your hand.

"What happens if I get spotted?" You asked as you approached an intersection, where you and BEN would be parting ways. You could hear the echo of boots behind you.

"Kill him before he can touch his radio." BEN said without a moment of hesitation, then turned the corner and flew off to free Jeff.

The emotional part of you was really tempted to follow him. You wanted to help, and see Jeff as soon as possible, but the logical part of you knew that you should stick to BEN's plan. Whatever ghosty methods he used, he knew what he was doing, and you would just be in the way. So you turned and sprinted in the opposite direction, with only faith in BEN, and hope that Jeff would make it out okay.