011. edward fucking cullen

disclaimer: i just realised i've been spelling Quileute wrong this ENTIRE TIME??? i really cannot deal with going back and changing it, so ignore it for the next few chapters PLZ i'm dying of embarrassment here xxx

LENA'S WOUND DIDN'T TAKE LONG TO HEAL. A few days pass and it's like Paul never even scratched her, which was a success in her eyes. She could finally go out hunting with the pack!

Or just Jacob.

She huffed when Sam told her the news. Since now they needed protection on Bella and Charlie and eyes in the woods, the pack would be hanging out a lot less often as a group, being split up into pairs instead. And she was stuck with Jacob Black.

They had lost sight of the rest of the pack after Victoria had leaped into the ocean in hopes of escaping them; which she did. The pack had split up to search the edges of the forest for any other signs of her and Lena and Jacob were left alone once again.

The pair wandered the trees on all fours, their differing shades of brown fur contrasting each other as they walked. There was absolutely zero communication between the two, the lack of a mind link with Lena and the rest of the pack becoming less of a pro and more of a con as time went on.

Although they couldn't hear the others thoughts, they could hear the deafening scream erupt from the cliffs near them, Bella Swans voice becoming clear to the both of them. They shared a look before sprinting off towards the sound, barely catching sight of Bella before she sunk under the water. The two wolves stepped back, shifting into their human forms behind some trees.

"I'm going in after her, meet me on the beach!" She heard Jacob shout to her before footsteps and then a splash. Lena quickly ran to where she knew Sam's car was parked, grabbing her clothes out the back seat and throwing them on as she ran through the woods toward the beach. She would've driven, but didn't have the keys.

She emerged from the tree line just as Jacob was dragging an unconscious Bella from the water and onto the rocky beach. She fell to her knees on the other side of her and pressed her ear to the girl's chest, hearing nothing.

"Breathe, Bella. Breathe." Jacob repeated as he attempted CPR compressions on the girl. He kept it up until Bella woke with a start, her eyes blinking slowly.

"Bella, oh my god." Lena breathed out in relief, "We thought you died."

"Jake? Lena?" The girl muttered. Jake lifted her up into his arms, cradling her.

"What the hell were you thinking?" Jacob asked her.

"I just wanted to see something." Bella replied.

The two wolves shared a look before helping Bella up and taking her back to her truck, which was parked a few meters away. Jacob started driving, and Bella and Lena sat together in the seat next to him.

They drove in silence, Bella curled up in a jacket, teeth chattering.

"Hundred and eighty degrees over here." Lena offered, and Bella moved towards her, curling up in her arms.

"God, it must be nice never getting cold." Bella spoke into her shoulder. Lena ignored the look Jacob was trying to give her, smiling.

"It's a wolf thing."

"It's not." Bella replied, "It's a Lena thing. You're just warm, like your own sun."

The orange truck pulled to a stop outside the Swan residence, and Jacob put the car in park.

"Is this better?" He asked, "Now that you know about me?"

Us. Lena wanted to say, but didn't. She wanted to see how this played out.