013. angry confessions

BELLA SWAN WAS GETTING MARRIED. Well, she wasn't actually getting married, but Edward had proposed that day in the woods, and Bella was yet to say yes. She expressed to Lena her desire to become undead, and how marrying Edward was too 'human' and she wouldn't agree unless he did too.

Lena had sighed and told her to just say yes already, because she could tell the human girl was head over heels. Bella didn't relent, continuing to rattle off excuses to the poor pale man. Lena almost felt sorry for the guy. Almost.

As it turns out, running off to Italy for three days with nothing more than a note doesn't end well for teenage girls with human dads. Bella had been grounded indefinitely—or until Charlie said so—and was given a mandatory curfew whenever she hung out with Edward, or anyone, but mainly Edward.

However, since Lena got Bella out of her last funk, the young werwolf was Charlie's only exception. She got to see Bella wherever and whenever she wants, on the promise that a certain pale pretty boy wouldn't be there. Lena was happy to spend time with the Swan girl, even if all she did was talk about her lover sometimes.

Currently, the girl was sat at the lunch table with the pack, striking up conversation with the boys in order to avoid Jacob's obsessive inner monologue. It was times like this where she thanked whoever was up there that the pack couldn't read her thoughts, and vice versa.

"All I'm saying is if Paul and Lena hadn't gotten into that argument all those months ago, Embry wouldn't have phased, and she would've never joined the pack!"

The girl shook her head at Jared's speech. He was telling Kim the story of how Lena came to be one of them when he branched off on all these what if's. "That's not true, actually. I can tell the signs of newly shifted wolves in a heartbeat, I would've figured it out. Your point is void."

Knowing he didn't have a rebuttal, Jared closed his mouth and leaned into his girlfriend, who patted his back sympathetically. Lena smirked and shoved a mouthful of food into her mouth just as a small body wiggled it's way into the seat between her and Quil.

"Hey guys!" Seth Clearwater had recovered drastically from the day his father died, and subsequently made him and his sister turn into giant wolves. His hair was cut short and the Quilete tribal tattoo sat proudly on his arm, earning a few looks from their peers around them. 

"Hey Seth." She smiled, "What's up?"

The freshman straightened in his seat and smiled wide at the girl to his left, "We're getting graduation day off in case some of us want to go and watch it! How cool is that?"

"Very cool." Lena chuckled at the boy, "Are you coming?"

"Yeah!" He replied, "Gotta watch my friends and my sister graduate, right?"

Unlike her brother, Leah hadn't settled into the pack as well as everyone else. Much like Lena was when she first shifted, Leah was angry. Finding out that the reason your boyfriend left you was all down to a hypothetical feeling wasn't going to settle well with anyone, really. Plus, she was still mourning her fathers loss. She hid her tattoo from her peers, so as far as anyone else knew, Seth was the only Clearwater kid to join Sam Uley's cult.

Lena had tried to get through to her a couple of weeks ago, but she wasn't ready, and the Parkinson girl understood that. She would warm up to them in time, hopefully.

Another member of the pack causing tension was Paul—what's new? Ever since his...spat with Lena all those weeks ago, he'd gone back to his old, mean self. Not that he had changed all that much, but just enough that Lena could stand being in the same room as him. Now? Not so much.