015. there's bad tension, then there's good tension

LATER THAT AFTERNOON, Lena was getting her daily dose of pack-less, fresh air when Jacob stormed up to her. She stood up straight from where she was leaning against the side of Sam's house, looking at him in confusion.

"Did you know?" He seethed at her, giving her no room to speak first.

"Know what?" She asked, furrowing her brows at him. He looked about ready to phase, so she stepped back, but he simply moved closer.

"Did you know that Bella is going to die after she graduates?" He growled at her.

"Don't make it sound so morbid." She scoffed, "But yes, I knew."

So Bella told him the news. Her plan to become a vampire after she graduates was strung up after Edward had proposed to her for the millionth time, and she'd called Lena that same night to tell her. Of course, Lena wasn't ecstatic that her best friend was having all the blood sucked out of her by her boyfriend, but it was what Bella wanted, so she wasn't going to go on a rage fest about it.

Like some people.

Jacob Black stepped up so close to her that if she was an inch shorter, she'd have to glance up to meet his eyes. Alas, her and Jake were the same height, so...

"I'm starting to believe that you don't want Bella to live a full life." He spat, "You may as well be just like the bloodsuckers she hangs around with."

Lena glowered at him, "The more you complain about it, the further away you're pushing her. Did you ever think that there might be a reason she told me and not you? Take your head out of Bella's ass and think for a second, yeah?"

She went to walk past him, but Jacob grabbed her upper arm in a firm grip and pulled her toward him. She shook as his face was centimetres from hers, the smell of rage bellowing from him in waves. She didn't get scared often, but if she didn't get at lest six feet away from him in the next five seconds, she was going to be nothing but pieces of ripped flesh scattered along the ground, "Let go of me."

"No." Jacob fumed, spit flying everywhere. If she wasn't so worried about him going all wolfy on her, she would've said something. "You listen here, and you listen good. If you don't start acting like a proper friend to Bella, then you won't be allowed to see her—"

"What?" Lena choked, "I wont be allowed to see her? According to who? You?"

"Yeah, me." Jacob seriously thought that what he was saying made perfect sense, "I'm not going to let you influence her into thinking that what she's going is okay! You aren't good for her and neither is Edward!"

"Oh and you're a saint, are you?" Lena replied, her voice strong but shaky, "All you've done is try and control her! Let her live her life, Jacob!"

"She won't have a life to live in a month!"

"Yes she will." Lena hissed, "You just can't grow the balls to admit that it won't be with you."

It was deadly silent between the two, and somehow Jacob had gotten a firm grip on both her arms without her even realising. There was sure to be bruises with how hard he was squeezing her, but she was only focused on his face, and the anger protruding from it.

Please don't phase. Please don't phase.

"Hey, what the hell is going on?"

Lena let out a quiet sigh of relief. Jacob grunted, and didn't remove his eyes from hers, "Stay out of it, Paul."

The boy scoffed from behind her, and she couldn't see his face, but she was sure it held that cocky
smirk it always did. "I don't think I will. What's got you guys in a twist?"