Isaac and his mischief

I notice everything, I act like I don't

I sat in my black leather chair as usual, my hands crossed in a business like manor, waiting

Waiting

Waiting

Waiting

Until the knock sounded at the door.

"Come in," I said before the person on the other side entered my office.

Derek and Charlie came inside, with their heads down at the ground.

They know they've been caught.

"Sit down, both of you." I say, standing up and pouring myself a whiskey.

"Now, would one of you like to explain why my son and daughter were in the basement? And why my son was talking to Ana?" I say, taking a sip of the liquid that burned down my throat.

They sat in silence, not responding.

"Or would you rather explain why you didn't tell me, and I had to find out myself?"

After a few moments, Charlie responds "Derek unlocked the basement and stood guard outside while Ryan talked to Ana. I disabled the security camera."

"Well, you both certainly did a good job at not letting me know." I reply with sarcasm dripping from my tone.

"He asked us to Boss. Said it would be better to let us  come with him for protection than to let him go down alone." Derek explained, neither of them broke eye contact as they spoke, knowing it was a sign of respect.

"Very well. Both of you will be doing warehouse runs for the next month as punishment." I ignored how they both winced at this.

Warehouse runs are by far the most annoying part of the job. Going back and forth to every warehouse on the daily to count containers for hours. I remember my dad constantly complaining as he drove us to each warehouse when he pissed off Liam. I used to have to do it as well, as Isaac and I agreed to work our way up through the ranks till we were old enough to rule.

"Yes boss." They respond.

"You start tomorrow. Off you go." I say before settling down back in my seat.

This kid will be the death of me. The one place I told him not to go; he went. Isobel used to find it hilarious when I'd complain about Ryan and Luka to her, saying it was karma from how both Isaac and I were.