3. Lonely

A.N. Hello my lovely readers, 

Just wanted to leave a quick note, I have posted a little teaser trailer to the book on my tiktok @ShiftingToWattpad , if you guys want to go check out to get some sneak peek to what's to come. I will also be posting a fancast listing soon, so stay tuned!!

Now let's dive back into the story to see what Cosette gets herself into...

xoxo,

Nik

Lonely 

TW: Injury

Song Guide: More to Give by Isabel Pless

September 1st, 1971 // Wednesday

After being guided to the Hufflepuff dormitory, the nightly events were just beginning. Cosette and Gwen settled into their new room together unpacking their belongings, this being the first time Cosette's seeing what was in the trunk that her father had set aside for her. Clasping it open, she found loads of new clothing within it along with textbooks and fictional books to add to her collection. Gwen glanced over looking at all the things as she giggled, "Packed the entirety of your home I see."

The brunette girl opening her mouth to interject, but just nodding her head in agreement not wanting to say how her father had gotten her all these new things for her new life at Hogwarts.

Cosette's eyes were glancing at every inch of the room, it was triple the size of the one she had been forced to sleep at her mum's flat. Having a proper bed where her feet didn't stick out of the end was one of her favorite parts, there was even enough room for her to cuddle with Milo on the bed. The room had a very earthy tone to it given by the plants implemented into it, making the room feel safe. Half-circled windows over the top of the wall where she imagined the lovely sun-rays would beam through in the mornings. Off to the right side of the room was a large empty wooden bookcase, Cosette's excitement on being able to fill it up with her own books came to mind.

Gwen smiled at her roommate, "Isn't this splendid? We can even read or study at the seating bays by the window!"

Cosette smiled at the blonde girl in agreement, "A reader as well?"

The blonde girl nodded her head pulling out her stacks of books to show her, many of ones Cosette's never read before. The girl offered, "I don't mind lending you some of mine to read if I can venture into your collection."

"Deal!"

The two roommates began to place their books onto their given bookcase as loud unexpected whispers began to fill the room. Milo chased after the noise, wagging his petite tail in excitement. The fellow first year Hufflepuff girl, Jessalyn Aleshire, from the room next door peeped her head into their room followed by her older roommate, Madeline Elwood. The two girls seemed like they would be the complete opposites of each other. Jessaline having darker smooth skin and an admirable afro on the top of her head while Madelyn had a very pale pigment with long luscious auburn hair.

Jessalyn was the first to speak out of the two, "Fancy for a night scavenger?"

Gwen was beaming with the question for a possible adventure as Cosette was a bit more on edge unsure if they should be roaming the halls past hours. The blonde roommate glancing at Cosette with exciting eyes made her cave in as Gwen agreed to join the other two girls. Before leaving, the small brunette girl set Milo on top of the bed as he cozied up against the pillow off to bed. Walking out of their dormitories, tiptoeing their way to the common room they were met by two Hufflepuff boys, one being the boy Erin from earlier that night. Sneaking around as they've finally managed their way out the round entrance door. Erin waited for the the small brunette girl to catch up allowing the other few to continue walking.