5. Friends & Foes

Friends & Foes

TW: Bullying/Harassment

September 6th, 1971 // Monday

The weekend had past by too quickly for the small brunette girl. She hated weekends much because she never had friends to ever spend it with, but this time around Alice had made it a mission to hunt down the girl who had been reading away in her Hufflepuff dorm. The first year girl had been dragged around the castle, as Alice showed her all the hot spots of where her and the boys loved to sneak off to. Alice's favourite was a hidden courtyard towards the end of the castle. The older girl made sure to add extra emphasis about the 'hook up' hallway that lead right into her favourite courtyard.

"That's where everyone goes to have a proper snogging with a boy or girl. Gotta make sure you know of it incase someone takes you there.", she had said to her as she shot a wink her way.

There was one area that stood out the most to her, Fabian's favourite. Alice had told her the many times Fabian had wondered off out of the blue, and soon afterwards found out that there had been a hidden stairway behind the tapestry beside the charms classroom. Cosette had memorized the way to access it, curious to know what it was like and why Fabian favoured it so much.

On Sunday evening, the two girls had spent most of the time sat in the Great Hall while Alice pin-pointed older students filling Cosette in on the tea about them. She had pointed at two in particular, one being Gwen's older brother, Ted Tonks. The older Hufflepuff had been sat with a beautiful fair skinned Slytherin with darker hair. The two had been cozying up to each other. Cosette smiled as she watched the two, they were clearly in love. It was the type of love that she's read in books, the way Ted eyes gleamed staring at her as he held her hand in secret underneath the tables. Andromeda smiling to herself making sure no one could see how close the two of them were, but it was evident to the two girls who had been sitting a table across from them.

"Ted and Andromeda", the two watched as an uptight Slytherin passed by them and the two lovebirds quickly pretended they hadn't known each other as they sat apart now, "Forbidden lovers."

Forbidden lovers had been one of her favorite tropes in books. She came to think that it made the strongest love between two people. Part of her clung onto the idea of it because, she'd assumed she would never be capable of finding a normal type of love. Her mind had wondered back into reality as the boy she couldn't quite stand took a seat beside her in Potions. He had a wide annoying smirk on his face, "Morning, Partner."

She rolled her eyes as she pretended she was busy reading the Potions book underneath her as she flipped the page. Missing first day of classes had its repercussions, Snape had generously offered to be partners with her in her absence as Professor Slughorn reworded to the girl last week. She found the Slytherin to be unbearable, especially because of some of the rude comments he constantly made about almost everyone outside of his house. She caught a glimpse over to Severus who was giving an exasperated look over to Lily who was sat behind them.

Sitting upright as she looked between the two, "What? What is it?"

Lily smiled at Cosette as Severus was shaking his head aggressively at her, but before she had the chance to speak James had raised his voice with a tone of annoyance, "Look, we already told you that he's not here, do you mind?"

Both, Cosette and Severus, turned around to look at what had just taken place as James had snapped at the blonde Hufflepuff girl, who was also Cosette's roommate, Gwen. The boy next to her was now leaning back into his chair as he let out a snarky comment, "Guess he isn't that smooth with his words after all."