8. Jealousy, Jealousy

Jealousy, Jealousy 

Song Guide: Who is He (And What is He to You)? by Bill Withers

October 4, 1971 // Monday

Both, Cosette and Alice, were hanging upside down off of the sofa located in the Gryffindor common room.

"Setty, I can steal one of the boy's quidditch shirts for you to wear in support of my try outs today!", the dark haired girl stated.

The quiet brunette boy sat in front of her with his fingers interlaced in hers spoke up, "Our try outs!"

She smiled at the boy in front of her, Frank Longbottom. The boy who had captured Alice's heart, their romance was very much a love-at-first sight type. Cosette was quick to learn that the two fancied each other for the longest by the first time Alice had introduced her to him. Her friend was practically all over the boy, which he loved. It was hilarious to see the two together because they were both the complete opposites of each other. Alice was the extraverted crazy fun girl whilst Frank was quite the timid boy. They were cute together, one made for the other. Cosette longed for something like that.

Gideon who was sat beside Frank flicked Alice's forehead in annoyance, "Ali, you can't keep stealing our stuff whenever you want to."

"Uh, yeah I can! I've done so since we were kids, what makes you think that'll ever change?"

Cosette giggled as her eyes had met Fabian's briefly. Things have been odd between the two, something they both were unable to explain. They had spent most days together, especially since Fabian had made it his mission to upgrade from being an uncle to her dog to being Milo's designated adopted father. She reminisced on the day he had claimed the dog as his own out of the blue.

It had been one of the days that Bellatrix had come hunting down for Cosette to retrieve new books she had ordered her to collect. Milo had a good sense of who had bad intentions and whom did not which meant he highly disliked the Slytherin girl. Anytime she was around, Milo let out a mighty growl for how small he was. It was rare that Milo ever disliked someone, matter of fact, Bellatrix had been the only person Cosette had seen him ever growl at. He couldn't be blamed, she was, indeed, a horrible person. Bellatrix had picked up on the dogs attitude towards her as she ordered the brunette girl to ditch him anytime she needed to speak with her. Unfortunately, Cosette had no room to complain or reject the girl's demand. Knowing how much Fabian adored her pup, she had made him the indicated dog sitter in times that she needed one. He was more than happy to do so.

She could see the older girl approaching rather quickly towards her.

Still, remaining from this day, the only person who had known about Bellatrix's blackmail against Cosette had been Severus. Which they hadn't spoken to each other in weeks after what had happened that one day with Bellatrix. He came hunting down for Cosette in the library as he pleaded for her forgiveness as Lily was the only reason she had given it to him. The red-headed girl insisted for them to be friends again because she couldn't stand having to spend time separately with the two friends.

Cosette, who had been walking side by side with the charming red-headed boy, panicked as she had made up some absurd excuse that she had to go speak with Professor McGonagall and how she couldn't bring Milo along.

The boy smiled, "It's not like I'm not Milo's second parent, Flower."

She stared at the boy with wide eyes claiming his title over her dog.... their dog. A wide smile grew across her lips. She was pleased with the idea of this. By giving her an approving head nod, Fabian had then rejoiced in bragging rights against his brother.