14. Lavendar Flowers

Lavender Flowers

Song Guide: Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You - Heath Ledger Version

February 14th, 1972 // Sunday

Today, was an odd day around Hogwarts. The boys had been extra quiet and distant from most of the female population. Rather on the other hand, it had been as every girl had been seeking for extra need of attention of the male species.

Cosette was new to this odd holiday referred to as Valentine's Day. Of course, she had the memories of her muggle school celebrations, but this was distinct from what she had come to known.

It all started this morning, she had been one of the first to get up bright and early alongside her roommate, Gwen.

The blonde girl was awake, but refused to get out of bed as Cosette had gotten dressed in seconds. Her eyes drifted to her friend, "Are you alright? Feeling ill?"

She groaned in response as she threw her duvet over her head. The brunette cocked her head as she sat down on her bed waiting for a response she knew was soon to come.

One thing she had come to know about Gwen, is that when she doesn't seem interested to talk about a certain topic she'll stay quiet. For a while. Until she finally caves and begins to rant about it.

Finally sitting up dramatically as she uncovered herself, the blonde girl let out an agitated puff of air. "Today, couldn't be a more irritating day in the whole entire existence that is in a constant yearly loop of hopeless love or the day that love should be highlighted."

Cosette stared at the girl with massive confusion. "Gwen..."

"And not to even begin with the overly use of chocolate,"

"Gwen?"

"and flowers,"

"Gwen?"

"and teddy bears. And ugh! Don't even get me started with PDA every corner you turn! And the list goes on, blah, blah, blah."

"GWEN!", the brunette girl finally said in a louder tone then usual.

The blonde girl snapped out of her rant looking blankly at her roommate. "Sorry, what?"

"What are you talking about?"

Gwen squinted her eyes towards Cosette unsure if she had been joking or was serious with the question. The brunette girl patted her foot on the ground waiting for a response.

Once, Gwen had deemed she hadn't been joking she finally responded with a following question. "Do you not know what today is?"

Cosette shook her head.

"Oh, you poor thing..."

And that was the start of her first part of the morning where Gwen had practically ruined the imagery of Valentine's Day for her. If only that could've been the only thing that occurred in the morning. It was not.

Gwen had evidently abandoned her for her other friends, which she did not mind at all. After all, she had enough of the blonde girl for one day especially with how much she had expressed of her high dislike of today.