7. FlyAway

FlyAway

Song Guide: Cosmic Love by Florence + The Machine

TW: Mention of abuse & Bullying

September 10th, 1971 // Friday

Staring up at the ceiling as the seconds ticked away approaching dawn over Hogwarts. Cosette was unable to sleep in fear of having to encounter the Slytherin girl who would be awaiting her presence soon enough. The light began creeping into her bedroom, now pulling the duvet over her head. Closing her eyes shut as she tried to think in anything else, but the fate she would soon be met with. Her mind drifting to the red-headed boy. The way he spoke to her, so gentle and warming. The way he smiled at her making her feel a twist in her stomach that had no words to begin to explain the way it made her feel. The features on his face, very pleasing to the eyes. His eyes. They held a golden twist within them, she's seen golden eyes before, but his made her feel as if he could see every little detail about her. Perhaps, she's read too much of a girl falling in love, that's got her thinking too much about him in this new light. Jealousy. Jealousy was the next thing on her mind as she remembered what Alice had told her, he had kissed another girl. Aggravated she stirred around in her bed in frustration, now breathing heavily as an odd mix of feelings had taken place within her.

Startled by the feeling of someone's hands on her shoulders, she woke as she sat up in fright smacking her head into her roommate's. Both grasping their heads now thumping in pain. Cosette finding herself glaring at the blonde girl.

"I'm sorry... I thought you were having a bad dream.", the blonde girl quietly spoke. 

"I wasn't."

The blonde girl began biting the inside of her cheek unsure what to say or do. The brunette girl sighed, "What?"

"Are you mad at me?"

Cosette cocked her head to the side staring at the blonde girl in dismay. Had she really not known why she was not speaking to her this whole time. Rubbing her eyes from the exhaustion she was feeling, she replied, "Yes. With you, with 'Maddy', with 'Jess', and the other two gimps."

Gwen's face dropped as she took a seat on her bed as she stayed quiet.

Cosette stood as she lifted her shirt to show Gwen the large scar that was still prominent upon her skin. The look on the blonde girls face was full of both horror and guilt. Shaking her head in disbelief, "It did all of that to you?"

The small girl realizing that she still hard other scars all over her stomach quickly pulling her shirt back down.

"Just leave me alone..."

She gathered her things for class this morning, along with a bag stuffing the books she had collected for Bellatrix. Leaving her roommate with no word left to be said she was off to the Great Hall with Milo following quickly alongside her.

∙•∙☁✿☁∙•∙

Most of the day had gone by with nerves of not knowing when the older girl would be coming to hunt down Cosette. She had made it to the last class she had for today with her head drooping left and right. Forcing herself awake in her other classes, had begun to take a toll on her now. It also didn't help that the last class of the day was one of the most boring ones, History of Magic. Most days she would be very interested in the lecture, but her mind had been elsewhere. Now finding herself leaning into her hand for support as her eyes drifted to stare off into the distance, she heard, "Psst!"