4. Flower

A.N. Hello my lovely readers, 

Here's a bit of cutesy chapter for you all as Cosette encounters the Marauders a bit and a special red-headed boy ;). I have also posted an official fancast for the book, for those of you who saw it earlier I forgot to add in Milo who is now in the fancast list. 

Enjoy the story!

xoxo,

Nik

Flower 

Song Guide: Friday I'm in Love by The Cure

September 3rd, 1971 // Friday

It was a new day, and Cosette was determined to make the most of it. She was determined to be out of bed before Gwen was as she wanted to avoid any conversation about what had happened, more especially because she was still upset with her and the other Hufflepuffs. Waking up a quarter till 6, she decided to get ready for the day. Her eyes laid upon a letter that was on top of the night stand beside her bed. She reached for it as she opened it up to reveal her class schedule, assuming Gwen must have gotten it for her while she missed out the first day of classes yesterday. Her eyes scanning the sliver of parchment as she read through the classes she had missed yesterday, and the classes she would have today. Deciding on her free period she would visit the professors of each class she missed, in hopes she would be able to catch up.

One thing Cosette was eager for is to be the smartest in her classes. She was always held up to a high standard in her muggle school, and this was no time to slack off being at a new school. If she could at least do something right, it would be her studies. Her eyes wandering over to Gwen's side of the bed as she saw her clothes had been neatly piled on top of her trunk for today. She took note of each thing as she squandered through her things for them. Once she felt like she had the correct uniform, she quickly got dressed. Scavenging through her trunk she found a bright yellow headband, nodding approvingly towards it she decided why not represent her house pride. Feeling ready for the day, she motioned for Milo to follow alongside her as she gathered her things to depart from the room. What had happened yesterday and the day before shall stay in the past, she was determined to make this day a good day with a smile on her face.

Feeling the gaping hunger eat away at her stomach, she pulled out the parchment that held her class schedule turning it around to find a map to all of Hogwarts. Breakfast was starting soon, so she made her way over to the Great Hall which was conveniently right next to the Hufflepuff dormitories. Being one of the first to enjoy breakfast, she sat alone with her pup beside her. She didn't mind it that much as she wasn't really a morning person, so being alone during this time of day felt about right to her. Knowing that she had lots of time to spare until her first class, she decided to hang tight in the Great Hall and take part in some people watching, one thing she loved to do.

It was peacefully quiet with light chats around the Great Hall until three boys stumbled in. She recognized two out of the three boys. One being the boy she still hadn't known what his name was, but he was the one who she had switched robes with upon arrival to Hogwarts. The other boy being Remus Lupin, whom she heard many other students talk about. Apparently he had a sister which neither one of them knew about each other at least those were the rumours. The third boy with them was a brunette boy with round glasses followed with bright blue eyes. Watching the three boys chaotically enter the Great Hall, she couldn't help, but laugh at them. The boy who she wasn't sure what his name had caught her by surprise as they both met eyes, his cheeks began to flush as the other two boys quickly turned to look whom he had been looking at. Panicking the brunette girl acted like she was giving Milo a bite of her eggs to try not to look suspicious. Being on the clear, she sighed as she watched the three boys take a seat on the bench meant for the Gryffindors. Once the Great Hall began piling in with more students, Cosette decided that was her cue to head off and look for where her first class was located knowing she was the one to easily get lost.