Prolog

"No," I muttered. "No. No. No. This isn't supposed to happen."

The man walked with huge power emanating from his eyes. There was blood and dirt on his armor and blonde hair. His blue gaze penetrated through me with so much intensity that my legs gave up on me. I dropped to the floor. My fingers trembled immensely.

"No... you're not supposed to come."

My teeth clattered against each other. The man brought darkness with him, like a long veil covering his track. And for the first time, I felt utterly afraid.

He kept his gaze on me. As though he came only to capture me. As though I was the sole reason for him to conquer my kingdom.

As though I was the ultimate prize.

But why? I did everything I could to prevent this from happening, to prevent this man from coming into my kingdom and wreaking my life. I saved him and his family. I even helped his kingdom battle an epidemic!

So, why is he here?, I couldn't stop asking myself that question.

He kept approaching me. Every thud of his footsteps brought more chills down my spine.

Beyond the room, I heard screams and cries of terror.

No... This isn't supposed to happen. "Please... don't do this." Tears have fallen from my eyes. I thought I have escaped this hellhole of a life. I thought my life would be better this time.

I thought I have escaped my faith in his cruel hands.

"Please stop..."

I let out a whimper when I saw what he was carrying in one of his hands. It was a collar. Red leather, with flower engravings. There was a chain connected to the collar, which made a clinking sound as the man kept on approaching me.

It was the collar that would make me his. A symbol he would like me to wear daily to remind me I am no longer free. A symbol that he would use to break me slowly every day.

I already knew how things were going to end after this.

He would put that collar on my neck, yank the chains, grip my jaws hard until the pain burns my eyes, and say his famous line from that hideous book I read before I died and transmigrated into this novel world:

"You are my property, my slave, and my bedwarmer now, Princess. I will return to you that you have done to me and to my family ten times fold."

–the journey starts now–

daily update until I can't anymore ^^

Tale SpinsterOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara