EP 3: CHANGING THE GENRE

I don't know how long I have been sitting with my hands on my head and my head flat on the cold wooden table. It might be weird to some, but I have spent a lot of time sleeping on tables that I can tell from the smell alone if the wood is of excellent quality or not.

This table was of divine quality.

"Princess–" The old man had been trying to talk to me, saying we should proceed with the lesson. But when he saw me slumping on the table, looking sick, he began to worry and asked if I want a healer to be sent to the room. I refused.

"Let me think, Sir Van... Dich..." His name sounded weird on my tongue. I knew the author created the name for a dark joke. This tutor was forced by Kieran to give an explicit and inappropriate lesson about the human anatomy to Diana just moments before Kieran took Diana's virginity roughly. The female lead had to lie in bed for three days just to recuperate after that.

A chill went through me as I remembered word by word what the author wrote on that dark, hateful, night. The author wrote, 'Only the girl's cries were heard from that room. Painful cries, with tears streaking her rosy cheeks. Kieran didn't make a single sound. No huffs, no grunts. As though he moved purely and effectively, without effort, to hurt her. He violated her sacred part without mercy. And yet he only started his revenge.'

Another chill went through me as I realize I might be the one experiencing that night. Imagining myself as the one who had to receive all those painful thrusts made me raise my head slightly and then banged it on the desk, causing Sir Van Dich to gasp in shock.

I quite hoped that the pain would make me open my eyes from this horrible horrible dream and that when I finally woke up, I would still have time to go to my exam. But after blinking the pain away, I was still in the lavish room. The fine wood was still beneath me, and I was still the female lead of 'Alpha, I'm Not Your Slave.'

AARRRGGHH!!! Why is this happening to me??, My mind still couldn't fathom how on earth–if this was still earth... wait the minute, the book was set on an alternative timeline... does that mean I am on another earth?–I became the female lead.

Still thinking it might be a dream, I pinched my skin hard. But the only thing it brought me was pain and redness on my arm.

"Princess!" Sir Van Dich cried out again. "You are really worrying me. I am going to call a healer to assess your... uh... mental–"

"I'm fine, Van Dich!" I snapped at him, giving him the best Diana's powerful gaze I could do. Princess Diana was described as someone soft and polite. But when Kieran enslaved her, the author tried to make her more feisty. Though honestly, in my opinion, Diana was always weak from the beginning. She complained a lot for her own good, and to be honest... was not that smart.

I felt another gut-wrenching chill when I realized that since I am Diana now, I have become that stupid girl I bashed a lot. The feeling of being stuck in a body of a girl who couldn't think for herself... was more horrifying than finding out I am in a dark erotic romance novel.

"My mental is fine," I said to Van Dich in a low tone. Then I sighed. It was unfortunate and shocking, and very very very bizarre, but if I could not get out of this dream for now, at least I could make the best out of this situation. I am a princess. So, the sky should be the limit for whatever I want to do, right?

But then I remembered a minor detail from the book, which made me straighten my back and asked Van Dich, "What year is this?"

Van Dich wrinkled his eyebrows. He looked at me like I was such a weirdo. Well, I was. I was never meant to be in this novel, anyway.