EP 11: THE WEREWOLF WORLD

Frankly speaking, I was shocked that Liam had an experience like that. Not because I thought that boys could not be raped, but because Liam was Prince Kieran's beta, so I thought no one could touch him.

Then again, I realized I only knew so little about him, so I asked, "How long have you been Prince Kieran's beta, Liam? Do you mind if I ask if werewolves were born with their titles or were they given in a ceremony?" A sudden burst of curiosity hit me and, as usual, I couldn't stop my brain. 

"How does the caste system in your werewolf world work, actually? Do you only have one alpha or do you have several alphas? If you have multiple alphas, how do you determine the... the... what do you call it exactly? Superiority?"

Liam blinked his purple eyes at me. Normally, I would have stopped until he would answer first before asking more questions. But I guess I really needed this change of topic to make my mind forget about my dream. So, I kept asking him things.

"I have heard that white wolves are special. Are you special? You have the same color as Kieran, right? Was that why he chose you as your beta? And why are your eyes purple? Is that another special thing you have?"

I waited for his answer, but he was only staring at me without blinking. For a second I thought I have broken his brain. I can be overbearing with my questions at times. A few lecturers avoided teaching my class because they sucked and they couldn't answer my simple questions. 

Education is death, honestly.

"Five years," Liam started answering, and I forced myself to shut up to let him continue his answer. "We were all rankless when we were born, but lineage plays a major part in which rank you will end up having. At least one child from an alpha family will become alpha and take over the pack after rigorous training. But another wolf can challenge an alpha and acquire the alpha rank himself.

I listen intently to Liam's explanation, still holding down several questions that have popped into my mind. I thought of how hilarious it was that we were talking about the werewolf world while sitting on the bathroom floor. My mind can find random things as funny.

He patiently told me that all ranks have their own obligations in their respective packs; alphas were meant for leadership positions. They were mostly nobles and had large factories or businesses, and each one had his or her own pack. The one binding all the pack was the Alpha King. The other wolves were mostly businessmen, sellers, and your average joes. But there were chosen wolves that undergo warrior training in the royal palace and if an alpha chose them, they would be ranked as beta and would be be the alpha's second in command.

"So you were a warrior and Prince Kieran chose you?" I asked.

"Yes. He chose me when we were twelve years old and we have been trained together ever since."

"Wait," I couldn't withhold this question, "You said there is one alpha for each pack but all are under the Alpha King."

He nodded.

"So does that mean Prince Kieran doesn't have any rank? Then how could he choose you when he is not an alpha yet?"

"He has an unspoken rank, which is the Future Alpha," Liam answered, "because he is the Crown Prince. So, I am an exception."

"Ahhh I see..." More questions popped into my head. "What about the omegas, gammas, and do deltas exist?"

Thankfully, Liam answered me calmly. "Gammas are the warrior wolves chosen by other members of the royal family to protect them. We don't have deltas. And basically, all servants and slaves are called omegas. So it's not really a rank, it's a label."