EP 17: DEEPER INTO THE DARK

Kieran

.

When I saw that dickhead Greggory coming back to the village without Diana, something didn't sit right with me. That freckled brunette of a guy didn't share an ounce of Diana's charm except for his dark eyes. He wore a simple shirt under a black vest with golden swirling patterns on the shoulder. His cuffs were made of diamond, which I was sure he intended to wear to display his enormous wealth. His pants fitted him and his shoes were of the highest quality of leather.

I hated him. And I worried about Diana despite knowing that this was his brother. Surely, he wouldn't do her harm, right?

Prince Greggory was birthed by Lady Helen, one of the consorts who sided with the Queen before the Queen's death. But after the Queen's crimes had been exposed, Lady Helen and all the consorts under the Queen spoke up as if they were being coerced by the Queen. Lady Helen was the first to turn side.

Tch. Like mother like son. Prince Greggory was also the first to run away when I marched into their kingdom.

He left the kingdom, Diana, and their little brother for my mercy... knowing that I had killed their father.

Greggory strode confidently to the car. He had time to glare at the boy who gawk at him too close. His face shrunk in disgust, causing the boy to look down in shame. Then he demanded that Paul bring him back to the capital.

"My Prince," Paul tried to ask, "Where ... is Princess–"

"That's none of my business, isn't it?" Greggory snapped at the poor driver, who could only look down and pressed his lips in fear.

"Now drive me back to the capital, away from this foul-smelled village," Greggory snorted and continued to talk as if the villagers around him could not understand the continental language, "What? Do they not shower? They look filthy as fuck and Diana has finally lost it–"

At the mention of her name, I moved without thinking; barring my teeth and growling viciously at the prince. Greggory jumped a little, and he tried to recover his vain composure.

"What, Beast?" he sneered at me.

I prowled at him and he took steps backward. It occurred in my mind to lunge at him and see if there would be any trace of that arrogance when he pee out of fear.

"Diana hasn't been teaching her pet well, has she?" he said in a sound that resembled a squeak. He was terrified.

It frustrated me that if I hurt the prince, my action would be linked to Diana. If I revealed my identity, it too could drag Diana into an unnecessary mess.

Still, I curled my paws and curved my back to give him the illusion that I was about to jump on him. Within seconds, he entered the car and locked himself. Once inside the metal box, he thought he was safe, so he rolled down his tongue at me. "Once I get back, I'll make Father give you to me," he shouted behind the car window, "Diana obviously can't tame a beast well. I would enjoy breaking your mind and taming you into complete obedience."

Then when he thought I couldn't hear him –as his idiocy still hadn't pieced it together that I was a werewolf, he whispered to himself, "In the meantime, don't worry about her. She'll be having a lesson today. I have talked to some of the knights to give her a lesson in the name of Father too once they've found her." Greggory grinned crookedly, "Oh, she will be having terrible fun. But sadly, I can't see her face because if I am seen bullying her, big brother would reprimand me."

That was it. All I saw was a flash of red, of fury, of hatred. It danced at the periphery of my vision as I lunged at the car door. The impact I created made the metal warp in shape and the window glass vibrate violently, which caused Greggory to jump back in his seat. His eyes widened, and his mouth gaped. He was stunned that I almost broke through the metal door and yet I looked fine.