EP 10: THE MATE BOND

Kieran's POV

.

I was impressed by how hard she focused while reading. Honestly, I thought she'd give up in a few minutes. But I was the one who dozed off first. My eyes opened and closed in the span of a few minutes and every time my eyes opened again, she was still reading.

What is so fascinating about those books?

Princess Diana of Malatai who I had heard from various sources to be spoiled and... stupid, was actually quite studious. During my days as a slave to King Judas, I had seen glimpses of her and I, too, thought she was pompous.

Yet the person in front of me... was a different person. It was like someone else had taken over her body.

In a few hours, she had devoured two entire books. Well, she skimmed some parts, but still... those books weren't thin. After those two books, however, her eyes became heavy, and she fell asleep on the couch in an awkward position.

Without thinking much, I transformed into my human self and carried her to the bed so she could sleep more comfortably. She was too tired that she didn't wake up when I carried her. Her body was a lot lighter than I thought she would be. Not that she was chubby–which is not a bad feature to have–but she looked tall and she had curves unlike girls of the same age as her. Yet her body seemed to fit perfectly in my arms. Her head rolled naturally to lean on my chest.

I was a bit nervous she would hear my heartbeat.

Because I didn't plan to spend the night here, I brought no clothes with me. So when I shifted to my human form, I was stark naked. I worried Diana would consider me as a pervert if she saw me–

Her dark hair felt so soft.

Is it weird that I notice these details on a girl? I asked myself, I never notice these things on other girls before.

And when her lips slightly touched the skin on my chest... I felt a spark being lit up. The spark spread to my fingertips and danced all over my nerve endings. It was bizarre. I have never felt anything like that.

I suppressed that spark and let Diana down gently on the mattress. After tucking her with a blanket, I turned off the lights.

The logical thing for me to do was to go back to my kingdom right then before my parents declared me missing. Or to break free the slave boy now and return to our kingdom. Or... basically do anything other than stay in that princess' room like a creep.

But something froze my feet on the ground. I could not stop looking at her sleeping face. She looked so peaceful, so defenseless, so serene. Despite the darkness of the room, my werewolf instinct made me able to see her feature completely in the dark.

Her eyelashes were long and thick. Her hair was straight and framed her smooth brown skin delicately. Her nose was pointy and her lips were full... those lips looked inviting, to be honest. Especially when they parted slightly during her sleep.

Before I could stop myself, my fingers were already tracing the side of her face. Gently. Slowly. I didn't want to wake her up. Those sparks intensified the longer I touched her.

And it left me wanting more.

No, want would be an understatement.

I needed more.

The next thing I knew, I was already hovering above her face. My body leaned on its own. I barely could stop myself before my lips touched hers. They were only a few inches apart from each other. I could even feel her soft breaths on my face.