Travelling To Marren's Eve

Later This Evening...

It was now nighttime. Hunters were in the hall doing their things and eating dinner. At a round table in the middle of a slightly crowded cafeteria sat Jerry, Bloom, Cory, Triana and Hooper. They were discussing something.

"How did Kitsuo manage to get her hands on this, anyway?" Triana asked as she lifted the syringe half-filled with the mystery liquid.

"I dunno, maybe someone gave it 'ta her?" Hooper asked as he took a bite out of his dinner.

"Maybe. But we don't know for sure! Besides, it could be some sort of ancient virus or- or maybe it could be just-"

"Cory, we haven't even done anything yet. All we did, or Hoop, you and Tri did, was just report our findings back to Otis." Bloom said, cutting off Cory quickly.

"Oh, right." Cory said, slightly yet sheepishly chuckling as he quickly went back to stuffing himself with a large plate of food. Bloom then goes to take a sip from his blood bottle.

"Well, yes. They did test everything but only managed to figure out one thing." Triana said.

"That is?" Bloom asked as he placed the bottle on the table.

"It is a biologically engineered virus." Triana said, surprising everyone.

"What?!" Hooper said as he slightly got up from his seat, surprised. He quickly sat back down to not draw a lot of attention.

"That's impossible! There's absolutely no way that weird liquid is a biologically made virus!" Cory yelled.

"Well, it is. Unfortunately, we have no idea where it came from. So for now, we'll have to continue searching for more clues, most likely from the cases." Triana said. Jerry, who was just there listening to the conversation, just sat there in surprise. He then slowly goes to take a sip of blood from his blood bottle. Cory was just contemplating something before his face changed to a different one. He has an idea.

"Hey, I have an idea! What if Jerry used his great sense of smell so we can figure out where it came from?" Cory suggested, which causes Jerry to almost spit out the blood he was just about to swallow. Luckily, he caught himself and forced himself to swallow before hacking away in shock. They all looked at him as he took a moment to stop coughing.

"Cory, why?" Jerry asked.

"Well, it's because you're the only advanced vampire here that has a better sense of smell than any of us!" Cory said.

"I know that but what if it's dangerous to breathe in?" Jerry asked, slightly panicked.

"It's safe to breathe in unless it's gaseous form." Triana answered. Jerry glared at her with the 'Why did you answer that for me?' face.

"E-er, well...I still won't do it though." Jerry said as he slightly turned his head away, a bit petty.

"Aw, come on, please?" Cory begged as he got up, his eye becoming a puppy dog eye look.

"No, Cory, I won't." Jerry replied with a humph of slight pettiness. Bloom chuckles as he goes to take yet another sip.

"Come on! It's only just once!" Cory begged again. Jerry still won't follow.

"Oh, Jerry, come on. Besides, I doubt he'll stop trying to bother you." Bloom coaxed him. Jerry then silently groaned before raising his hand. Triana goes to place the syringe into his hand as Cory was gleefully smiling. He then goes on to use his enhanced sense of smell. Suddenly, he immediately jolted away, coughing.

"Oh, god. That was strong." Jerry said as he quickly gave the syringe back.

"Well, what is it?" Cory asked excitedly as Jerry gets patted on the back by Bloom and by accident, on his injury from 3 years ago, which causes him to flinch. Immediately, Bloom stops.