|| Chapter 3 || Noticing Them

The functions on both the sides were being carried out gleefully and now it was the time for the sangeet. Both the families had decided to join each other made make it a common sangeet so that everyone could enjoy.

Shekher and his family had gathered in the hall where everyone else was present. He was looking for Lavanya who happened to be clicking pictures with Drishti and Samara.

Drishti was dressed up in a deep blue and silver lehngha seeing which Rakshit cursed in frustration.

Rakshit:- shit! Hamne same color pehna hai.

Shekher:- to? Phir kya hua Rakshit. Lgta hai rab bhi rishare kar raha hai.

Mahima muffled her laughter seeing Rakshit's face. The previous day she was along him for shopping something Lavanya told her to buy. She knew no one there so she asked Shekhar if Rakshit could help. Rakshit did deny at first but on futher compulsoin by Mahima he went with her.

They had ice cream together and she even him to eat the street food he would never eat. But to be honest, he liked that food, even if he knew that it was unhygienic.

Drishti was posing for picture when noticed Rakshit standing a few metres from her. An instant smile played on her face as she yelled his name and went to meet him.

Rakshit:- shit! Ye aa gai. Mein ja raha hun.

Rakshit tried going away but that time Drishti had already reached near him.

Drishti:- hey Rakshit, kaise ho.

She side hugged him gently before looking at him for a response. He did not say much but only smiled back at her and patted her arm to return her hug.

Drishti:- tum aj dance karoge?

Rakshit:- nahi. Mujhe nahi pasand.

Drishti:- kya!!!

Rakshit covered his ears because of the sudden screaming. He asked her what happened when she held his shoulders and shook him.

Drishti:- tumhe dance nahi pasand?

Rakshit:- kya tumhare lea chikna zaroori tha?

Drishti:- Rakshit, professionals vala dance nahi krna. Bs hath aur pao hilane hain. Itna to kar hi skte ho na
tum.

He removed her hands from his shoulders and dragged her from her arm. She started asking him where he was taking her but he didn't reply. Only when he pushed her gently towards Samara, she knew he was there to get rid of her.

Drishti:- hey! Agar dance nahi ata to gussa krne ki bat hai. Bat to kar skte the na.

She yelled behind his back but he kept walking and waves his hand in a goodbye. Drishti groaned in disappointment and faced her friends who were asking if it was the guy from yestarday to which she nodded in a yes.

Drishti:- ye aram se to bat kr hi skta tha na.

Lavanya:- han vaise tujhe yaha chod gaya ye. Ye bat kr skta tha tujhse.

Drishti:- Samara tu chal mere sath, hamari performance ka time hai to uske pehle mujhe washroom jana hai.

Samara:- aur ismein mera jana kyu zaroori hai?

Drishti:- kyuki hamara room locked hai aur bahr vale washroom ka rasta mujhe nahi pata.

Samara:- in short mein teri babysitting karu.

Drishti:- jaisa samajhna hai samajh le

○●○●

He was with his mother and his brother but quite not enjoying the music and the dances. To him it was just a waste of time but he was still there cuz his mother had urged him to be present at his brothers sangeet.

All the time his eyes were searching for Drishti not because he wanted to be with her, but because he wanted to stay away from her. He was looking for her so that if he saw her coming towards him he could escape the place real soon.

To his bad luck she had already located him from behind and screamed in his ears to scare him. Rakshit jumped at her sudden appearance and the intensity of the voice that she used to yell in his ears.

Rakshit:- kya tum pagal ho? Aise kon chekta hai?

Drishti:- are bharak kyu rahe ho. Mein to bs thodi msti kar rahi thi.

Rakshit:- mujhe ye sab bilkul pasand nahi hai.

Drishti:- par mujhe to bara pasand hai. Vaise Mr. Shergill apko pasand kya hai is duniya mein, bataenge zara?

The way she called him Mr. Shergill and crossed her arms across her chest made him feel like she was his wife for that moment. She acted like she was his wife and he liked the way she stood there demanding an answer even if he tried going away.

Rakshit:- bht kuch pasand hai mujhe, par tumhe kyu bataun?

Drishti opened her mouth in an o shape and gawked at him like he had just insulted her. She felt that he didn't take her as a friend that made her annoyed.

Drishti:- kyuki mein tumhari dost hun

Rakshit:- dost? Kiski? Meri? Hah, befkoof ladki.

He pushed her head with his forefinger and smiled before walking off to his mom where Drishti could not talk to him. Drishti was still adamant on talking to him though but she thought she should have a quick snack first.

Mahima:- kitni pyari bachi hai na.

Rakshit:- exactly. Bachi hai, mature nahi. Pata nahi kya kya krti rehti hai. Kal rat ko garden mein ek per ko gale lagake khari thi aur mujhe dekhke zabardasti mujhe usi per ko gale lagwaya.

Looking into his phone he complained about some of the moments when they were in the market together and she kept troubling him. Mahima listened to all his complains and thought he hadn't talked about any girl the way he talked about her, to the extent he talked about her, with the expressions he gave when he talked about her.

Amidst his complaints he saw Drishti who was fighting with a man who accidentally dropped juice on her dress.

Rakshit:- dekha. Firse musibat mein aa gai. Isko kaha tha dekh ke chala kare but nahi.

Saying this he ran to her and urged the man to go away. Mahima was noticing them as Rakshit was screaming at her in a low voice and she was listening to him like a child who had committed a mistake. 

Later he stopped talking and kneeled down. Taking out his handkerchief he cleaned the stain on the bottom of her lehngha but she still didn't seem happy. She told him something to which he sighed and nodded his head in an irritating yes.

Drishti immediately smiled and hugged him in happiness. He simply raised his hands in the air and spoke a few words hearing which Drishti parted but looked at him with a plain face. Rakshit flashed a sarcastic smile at her and held her hand before leading her to the food stalls.

Mahima smiled at her son and the girl who managed to get his attention. The scene was also witnessed by Lavanya, Samara and Shekhar who asked Mahima if they should do something and then, The plan was on.