|| Chapter 7 || His Side

Sitting beside the window of his room, Rakshit looked down in the garden where Drishti was feeding the birds. A smile adorned his pale face seeing her.

From being irritated by her to experiencing immense peace due to just a glimpse of her, his life changed in these few days.

A trip down the memeory lane reveled how his father wanted him to handle the company but he chose photography and graphic designing instead. That day was the srarting of the worst days in his life as his own father showed no remorse belittling him every time something happened.

Even if over the time Rakshit had managed to start a huge animation company, also earning reward for the best vogue India photographer, his father was still the same.

Four

Four girls rejected him before his success because they thought he was a failure and Chetan would never give him any money.

Two

Two girls rejected him even after his success because it didn't seem like a stable job and he had chances of falling down.

Ever since the rejections he took the decision to never marry.

The incidents might seem small but all of his father's words, those rejections, had a deep scar of him which wasn't going away.

Taking out the camera from his bag he secret clicked pictures of her with a peaceful smile playing on his face. The naughty wind blew her hairs and the birds got playful as they surrounded her without hesitation. There sat an angel, laughing as she threw the feed towards them and they attacked each other to eat that.

She was the one who laughed and he was the one who felt happy.

Mischievous are the games played by destiny. You meet a stranger and that stranger becomes a part of you so deeply in just a few days.

As he admired her through the glass frame a knock on the door shook his concentration. Ignoring the feeling which told him to not open the door, he opened it and found Samara standing in front of him.

Samara:- hi Rakshit, mein-

Rakshit sighed before closing the door at his face. Either he was marrying Drishti or no one else.

In the recent debate with his heart he concluded his inner desire to marry that soul which pulled his, but the next moment the harsh words of his father and the rejections woke that fear inside him. It wasn't as easy as it seemed.

He sat on the bed and closed his eyes to relax but another knock on the door a few minutes later irritated him once again.

This time he didn't open but the banging got out of control. Irked by the person who might be Samara he walked towards the door and opened it in a fit of rage.

Rakshit:- mujhe tumse bat nahi krni ek bar mein samajh nahi aa raha!

He yelled.

The same rageful pair eyes softened on meeting the set of peaceful ones luring him into their trap. The traitor heart betrayed him. 28 years, 28 years the same heart that worked for him seemed to be out of his control.

It used to beat for him, but seemingly not anymore.

The insides of his stomach as if set the butterflies free, tickled at the sight of her smiling.

Those lips weren't supposed to do anything but smile and laugh. Thus seemed to be the moto of their existence on her face.

Rakshit:- vo sorry, mujhe laga koi aur thi.

Drishti:- thi? Koi ladki thi?

His mouth felt dry as her darling lips wilted getting the information.

Rakshit:- nahi Drishti, aisi bat nahi. Room service thi.

Drishti:- oh!

He wondered his ribcage held his heart at that moment. Just her smile and the game was over. How bewitching could this girl be? Her magic never ended.

Drishti:- chalo na Rakshit, bahr chalte hain. Kisi pahari pe. Please!

The softness of her hands touched was experience by his arm as she held it with both her hands. Delicacy in her voice tried coveying her love for him but oh that dreaded barrier of fear which prevented his mind to decode the secret messages her eyes and her voice sent.

The heart however received them but didn't reply because the mind was the one which controlled its response. And the mind was itself captured by fears and insecurities.

Rakshit:- han chalte hain. Ek minute. Mujhe apna camera lene do.

He didn't know what he would do but today he wanted to capture every beautiful thing, especially this beautiful lady in front of her. Memories of her would be always fresh in his heart. And he wished to capture all that and take them with him.

Taking his camera from the bed, he locked the door and looked at his source of happiness.

She squealed in joy and took his hand. Dragging him through the corridors she neglected Samara and Shekhar calling her. Rakshit who saw Samara watching them as they stood at the reception for some work Drishti had to do made sure she looked at them.

Her eyes met his and with a single movement of them he drew her attention towards hia hand that Drishti was holding. He intentionally intertwined their fingers and held her hand, telling her that she was the only one for him and she should drop the idea of getting close to him.

Drishti blushed with the sweetest shade if red as she felt his fingers tangling with hers and ran away with him towards the exit.

Drishti:- chalo jldi. Aj bht zaroori kam hai!