|| Chapter 9 || Goodbye Then

After Rakshit ran from that place Drishti kept looking in the direction he just went. Cleaning the tears off her face she tried her best to smile and looked around her to check if someone had seen that.

He ran away- he didn't even look back.

Yes he was trapped in his father's words but she didn't deserve to be left all alone saying a sorry after that kiss.

She thought he loved him when he kissed her. And now she knew why people believed anything before marriage was not good.

It breaks you from inside because you were searching for true love while not knowing what the other was looking for.

Anything without a serious commitment- she knew why her mother told her it was not considered good in the society.

The kiss which was meant to be special for her had just left her broken. It was supposed to be an act of love, and tell me which true lover leaves you all alone without an explanation?

The only question left in her mind was- Why?

And he wasn't there to answer her.

On the other hand Rakshit had reached the hotel where his mom and Samara were standing with the newly wedded couple to ask him for marriage.

The smile which was set on their faces disappeared once they saw Rakshit running upstairs hiding his face from everyone and yelling at them to leave him alone when they tried to talk to him.

Shekhar knocked at his door but Rakshit wasn't willing to let anyone in.

That was just a room and he had the control over who could get inside but what about the fragile heart? His heart had already responded to the knock at its door and let her in.

Rakshit had no control over it, so he set the barricades of fear to avoid his brain shaking hands with his heart and thus letting her in his life.

An hour.

A complete hour he cried remembering all the moments he spent with her. He wanted to cherish all those memories but the last face he saw of her, the image of her standing at the place with a hurt expressing itself, that was going to haunt him for an entire lifetime.

Drishti was broken, she was devastated. Maybe her love was one sided. Maybe she misunderstood him. Or maybe she was just a distraction- this was what she thought. And after what had happened nobody could blame her too.

Rakshit's heart yelled her name, his tears reminded him that she was crying too. Yes he loved her. He loved her so much that he was even ready to risk his life for her, but marriage- that word haunted him.

Rejection haunted him but that was what he did to her.

He rejected her proposal.

A faint knock on the door caused him to lift his head. He was sitting in the floor near the door and leaning on it for support. Eyes puffed up and heart seemingly tired.

Shekhar:- Rakshit darwaza kholo!

Rakshit:- Shekhar ja yahan se. Please mujhe akela chod de.

Shekhar:- Rakshit kuch hua hai kya?

Rakshit:- kuch nahi hua Shekhar. Tu ja yahan se! Please

Shekhar:- Drishti se bat hui teri?

'Drishti' that name that forcefully engraved itself on his heart, the girl whose voice his ears pleaded to hear, the smile his heart was dying to see.

Rakshit:- Shekhar ja!

Shekhar:- Rakshit

He whispered. Placing his hand on the door he kneeled down and knocked once again.

Shekhar:- Drishti ja rahi hai

As if someone took his camera, the thing closest to him, away from him Rakshit got tensed hearing the news. A camera was an object, one gone- two could come. But she was a human- his human that if gone would never come back.

Panic filled his mind but fear still clouded his mind as he stood up and opened the door. Shekhar saw his red eyes and shivering hands as he held onto him for support.

Rakshit:- Drishti ja rahi hai?

Shekhar:- han

One could hear the shattering of glass but shattering of poor heart, no one could. People know it hurt but nobody knew how bad. Same was the case here. Shekhar knew he was hurt but couldn't understand the depth of it.

A few days of knowing each other and falling in love seemed impossible. But it's all about finding the right person at the right time. And both Drishti and Rakshit knew that it was their right time and they were each other's right person.

Shekhar:- Tu theek hai Rakshit?

Rakshit turned his face away from his brother, telling him he was not okay.

The girl he loved was going away from him and he had no guts to stop her. All he had to do was go behind her and tell her he loves her too and wanted to spend the rest of her life with her. It seemed at lot him though .

Shekhar:- dekh Rakshit, agar tu papa ki unhi ghisi piti baton ke bare mein soch raha hai to mat kar. Aisa mat kr mere bhai. Pyar zindagi mein roz roz nahi ata. Tu kab tak shadi nahi karega huh? Chal man lia kabhi nahi karega. Par tab ka kya jab tujhe ye din yaad aenge aur to mrte hue soch raha hoga ki kash us samay meine Drishti ko rok lia hota to aj situation kuch aur hoti. Ye kash teri zindagi barbad krdega Rakshit. Barbad kr dega.

Rakshit:- par mein ye nahi kr skta! Mujhmein himmat nahi!

Shekhar:- himmat to khud hi lani paregi na. Mujhe nahi pata tere dil mein kya hai. Bs itna kahunga ki agar tu usse pyar krta hai aur uske sath ek zindagi pana chahta hai to tujhe aj apne dar se lrna hoga Rakshit. Tu ye soch ki jab Drishti ki shadi hogi, kya vo khush reh paegi agar vo bhi tujhe pyar krti hai?

Drishti's happiness. Her happiness was the only thing he needed to think of when his fears tried pulling him back. Her smile, her laugh, she- she was that weapon against his inner fears he always needed.

How could he just let that thought slip?

Shekhar:- Rakshit tere pas abhi bhi time hai. Rok le. Drishti ko rok le.

Rakshit:- Drishti kaha hai?

Shekhar:- sabko bye bolke bhar ko gai thi. Keh rahi thi ek bar garden mein ghumke chali jaegi.

Hearing this, Rakshit ran out of his room to find his love.

Rakshit:- mein aa raha hun Drishti, mein aa raha hun.