|| Chapter 10 || I Love You Too

Just like the rain meets the earth, Drishti's tears met the same fate as those drops. Sitting under the tree qhere she first saw him, she closed her eyes and thought about him for the last time.

Who knows if she would meet him again?

As Drishti sat under the tree she wrapped her arms around herself, pretending those were his, she sobbed. The pain he just gave her all of a sudden it was like she was teaching lullabies to the sobs in that pain.

Her gullible heart craved for him but he wasn't there.

She knew that one turn or the other, her heart will remind her of him and she feared what she would do that moment realizing that it broke before it started.

She had saved that I love you for the person she truly loved. Unlike people who said I love Yous in each and every relationship they had she never allowed herself into an entanglement.

Those are waste of time. If you feel like you found the right person you need to check first and then turn to some serious commitment. If not then when you feel like getting married, go and find yourself the right partner who is ready too.

One sided preparations too don't end very well.

A small revind of all the moments she spent with him caused her to smile and wipe her tears away.

Thinking of love and of him.

That was what she was doing when she felt someone's arms wrap around hers and a chest crashing into her back. As she opened her eyes and looked back at the person she felt embarrassed on seeing Rakshit smiling at her.

Well, if someone runs away from your proposal you don't feel honored, or do you? She felt embarrassed after that act of his and thus shut her eyes as he tried to talk to her.

Rakshit:- Drishti, please meri bat suno

Drishti:- Rakshit mujhe jane do

She cried.

Her cry was like a knife that pierced through his chest and struck his heart. The tears running down her face made him realize how badly he just messed up. If Shekhar wouldn't have been there to encourage him, he would have let her go.

Rakshit:- Drishti, meri bat suno. Please. Ek bar sun lo.

Drishti:- mein ja rahi hun. Meine cab book ki thi, vo a gai hogi.

Pushing him back she stood up and dusted her dress. Rakshit tried blocking her way as she was going but she was not willing to stay.

Not anymore

Because of him she decided to stay and if he wasn't interested anymore, why live in false hope?

Drishti:- is per ke niche tumhe pehli bar dekha tha

She looked at the tree with teary eyes.

Drishti:- aur ab isi per ke niche tumhe akhri bar dekhke ja rahi hun. Bye Rakshit. Agar dobara mile, to mere samne mat ana. Mujhe dobara ye sab yaad nahi krna.

The tone she spoke in was killing him inside. She was beyond hurt by his actions. He didn't even gave her an explanation and now feared rejection once again.

But this time he wouldn't let this fear ruin his love.

She faked a small laugh before smiling at him and walking towards the hotel. Rakshit watched her back and tried to tell her that he wanted her to stay.

Stay forever

Stay with him

As his soulmate

She was five feet away from him when he finally spoke. If not now then it was never.

Rakshit:- kai ladkian reject kr chuki hai mujhe. Kyuki unke lea mein bs ek camera man hun. Pata hai, mujhe graphic designing ke career mein success mili hai vo na kisi ne dekhi aur na smjhi.

He sighed. Drishti stopped and started listening to him.

Rakshit:- dad ko lgta tha mujhe kabhi koi ladki han nahi bolegi aur yahi dar vo mere sir mein bhrte rahe. Mujhe pata hai tumhe vahan aise chodke ana sahi nahi tha. But mein dar gaya tha Drishti. Mujhe laga agar tumhe pata chalega to tum bhi chali jaogi. I'm sorry Drishti, mujhe nahi jana chahea tha. I'm sorry

That wasn't what she thought he was about to say. More tears fell on the ground as she looked at him and said its okay before starting to walk.

Starting- but stopped at the first step when magic came as a whisper.

Rakshit:- I love you

She turned back and saw him laughing at her, tears staining his face as it stained hers.

Rakshit:- I'm sorry Drishti. Mein dar gaya tha pr ab nahi. Mujhe pata hai mujhe kya chahea aur vo tum ho. Mein tumhare sath apni zindagi guzarna chahta hun Drishti. Tum batao, kya tum chahti ho? Mujhse shadi krna? Will you marry me Ms. Drishti Sood?

She yelled out loud which caused everyone to gather in the ground. As she ran to him he opened his arms for her and twirled her as she jumped on him and snuggled closer to him.

"Aur ishi ke sath Drishti aur Rakshit ki kahani khatam hoti hai" the narrator stops as the crowd claps whole heartedly. Shekhar steps on the stage and taking a mike in his hand he sighs in front of the people.

"This is how my brother and his wife met. They loved each other unconditionally. Tragedy always falls onto the good people. They loved each other but destiny had no plans uniting them. In an accident they went far away from us. May their souls rest in peace. Heaven just gained two angels. I love you brother, I love you bhabhi"

Shekhar cried.

Turns out that fate wasn't with him.

He just invited death.

A shoe falls on his face and his eyes meet a furious Rakshit.

Rakshit:- bakwas band kr! Hamari anniversary ki dhajea uda di tune!

Shekhar:- yar meine to tujhe angel mein gina hai? Tujhe to khush hona chahea. Meri pith thapthapani chahea.

Rakshit:- ruk teri pith mein thapthapata hun.

He ran behind Shekhar who hid behind Drishti to save himself from Rakshit.

Shekhar:- bhai catch!

He pushed Drishti towards Rakshit, knowing that he would save her first and forget about Shekhar's stupid act.

Rakshit:- tum theek ho?

Drishti:- yup!

Rakshit:- is Shekhar ki to!

Drishti:- chill na Rakshit. Vo mazak kar raha tha. Aur vaise bhi, agar us din tum mujhe na rokte to mein sachi chali gai hoti aur dobara vapis nahi ati.

Rakshit:- kaise nahi ati? Mein tumhe kahi se bhi dhund ke le ata.

Drishti smiled looking at Rakshit and kissed his cheek standing under that same tree from where it all began.

T H E      E N D