|| Chapter 6 || Closer

Rakshit and Drishti were getting closer to each other. They conversed the same way but Drishti's feelings had heightened a lot for Rakshit. The marriage had already ended and the reception too. The guests had returned but Rakshit, Drishti, the married couple, Samara and Mahima were staying for some more time.

Drishti was sitting under the tree where she first met Rakshit and thinking if there was the possibilty of something happening between them.

She closed her eyes for some time and breathed the pleasant evening air which reminded her of him. She had asked him to come meet her today but he wasn't there. She feared if he was not coming and that fear seemed to be coming true after half an hour passed.

Drishti sighed and got up from the place. Dusting the soil off her clothes she turned around to leave but fell on hitting her toe upon a stone. At this time she remembered Rakshit who would say that she shouldn't be left alone for more than two minutes.

Drishti:- tum nahi ae

She cried before standing and walked towards the hotel in a sad mood. Her head was hung low and that shine of happiness from her face had faded.

As she walked past the fountain someone held her wrist and pulled her back. Her back hit his arm and as he turned to connect his chest to her back, she knew who it was.

Drishti:- Rakshit

She smiled.

He left her wrist as she turned atound happily and jumped at him. Wrapping her arms around his neck she yelled in joy and expressed her happiness on seeing him.

He patted her head and wrapped his hands around her waist, picking her off the ground he took her towards the tree and put her down once they were under it.

Drishti:- tum aa gae!

Rakshit:- kyu? Tumhe shak tha

Drishti:- nahi vo tumhe jab ane ko kaha tha tum ae nahi. Itni der laga di to mujhe laga tum gussa ho mujhse.

She leaned against the tree with her hands behind her back and bowed her head down. Rakshit kept his hand near her face while resting the other one in his pocket and leaning closer to her.

Rakshit:- pa mein to time se pehle aya hun. Tum theek to ho?

Drishti:- kya?

She looked at him in confusion as he told her it was 6.50 pm while she called him at 7.

Drishti:- oh my god

She cursed in frustration as she remembered that she had called him at 7 and not 6.

Rakshit sighed. Taking a chocolate from his pocket he offered her some since she loved eating that specific one from the first day they properly met.

She took the chocolate from his hands and bit it. It was at that moment that Rakshit knew- she was a pyscopath.

She bit into the chocolate instead of taking a piece and eating it.

An act of disrespect

The chocolate gods would not show her any mercy.

Drishti:- mujhe pata hai mein khas hun but iska ye matlab nahi tum meri taraf dekhte hi raho.

Putring the wrapper in his pocket and smiling at him as she saw the wrinkles on his forehead due to her act of putting the wrapper in his pocket, she wrapped her arms around his stomach and rested her head on his chest.

Rakshit too reciprocated the hug and rubbed her back. Keeping his chin on her head he thought about something which worried him.

Mahima had asked him to marry Samara but in these days he had developed a liking towards Drishti which could not be ignored even if he wanted to.

Moreover some things from the past made it difficult for Rakshit to even believe that someone would marry him. Rakshit was a professional photographer and graphic designer who was satisfied with his job while his brother unlike him was handling the family business.

As she rubbed her cheek against his chest he felt the motions and copied her by rubbing her back.

He didn't want to marry Samara. He couldn't. Not just because he decided to stay a bachelor for the rest of his life but became there was this beautiful soul who penetrated his heart and changed his mind.

Drishti:- mein na kabhi kabhi paglon vali harkatein krti hun. Bhool hi gai thi ki meine time 7 baje ka dia tha.

Rakshit(smiles):- kabhi kabhi? Tum to roz aisi harkatein krti ho.

He laughed but Drishti didn't find it funny. She looked at Rakshit and glared at him for making fun of her.

Turning to the opposite side in anger she crossed her arms across her chest as her back faced him. He smiled peacefully at her anger and held her shoulders from behind.

Her body stiffened as she felt hus hands moving to the front and circling around her waist. Pulling her to his chest he rubbed her left arm with his right hand while holding her with his left hand.

Drishti:- tum theek ho?

She sensed that something was wrong and thus asked this question.

Rakshit:- pata nahi. Mere age do options hain. Konsi chunu kuch samajh nahi aa raha.

He sighed remembering the two options.

1. Marrying Drishti
2. Not marrying anyone like decided

Marrying Samara wasn't even an option for him.

Drishti kept quiet for a few minutes before stretching her arm back and keeping her hand on his cheek.

Drishti:- tumhara dil jo kare. Tum vahi krna. Simple! Mein to hamesha vahi krti hun jo mera dil kare. Akhir dil bechara hamare lea bina ruke dharakta hai to hume bhi to iske lea kuch krna chahea na.

Rakshit smiled at her stupid logic and kissed her hand on his face. Taking it in his he rested her on her waist once again.

Rakshit:- I hope jo ho acha ho