|| Chapter 4 || He Smiled

The wedding preparations for tomorrow were done. At this moment everyone but Drishti and Rakshit was sleeping. Rakshit loved the calness of the night so he went to the garden area for a stroll where he saw her once again.

Rakshit:- ye bar bar har jagah kyu mil jati hai.

He sighed before turning to leave the place but reconsidered his decision since talking to Drishti was added among the things that relieved him of his stressful life.

She was sitting on the pavement of the water fountain with her hands dipped in it, her fingers playing gently with the cold water.

Rakshit had no idea on how to call her and initiate a conversation, so he decided to just sit behind her and say the words that would always make her frown.

Rakshit:- tumhe mera picha krne ke sivae aur koi kam nahi kya?

Her face brightened hearing the voice. She yelped his name pleasantly and raised her head before turning back and seeing him sitting.

Drishti:- tum aa gae!

She hugged his arm to show her excitement which comforted him for good reasons. Patting her head lovingly yet maintaining a neutral face, he rested his arm on her back for a few seconds.

Rakshit:- to tum mera wait kr rahi thi?

Drishti:- mujhe ye to pata tha ki tum aoge. Bs ye nahi pata tha kab. Aur dekho, tum aa gae. I'm so smart.

She left his arm and adjusted her clothes while he kept his head on the rim of the fountain. Getting a little closer to him she asked him what he was doing there to which he replied he just came to get some peace.

Drishti:- same!

Rakshit:- acha? Mein kaise man lu ki tum sach keh rahi ho? Mera picha nahi kar rahi.

Drishti:- hooo! To phir mein kaise man lun ki tum yahan pr relax krne ae ho aur mujhse milne nahi?

Rakshit:- point to hai

He said looking at the stars.

They stayed quiet for a few moments before she suggested dipping his fingers in the water to which he was reluctant.

Drishti:- are! Ek bar krke to dekho na. Bht maza aega. Aur pani bhi thanda thanda hai.

Rakshit:- mera man nahi.

This was followed by a series of requests from her side to which he irritatingly sat in front of her and pointed his finger at him.

Rakshit:- dekho tum mere sath zabardasti nahi kr skti. Ye galat hai.

The smile on her face never disappeared as she nodded her head throught his four minutes long lecture explaining her how many people would have dipped their hands in there and how they didn't know where the hands might have been.

Rakshit:- samajh gai?

Taking his finger which pointed at her forcefully she dipped in water that made him shocked.

He panicked for a few seconds and started bladder about his death due to the infection but when Drishti told him to shut up, he did.

Drishti:- mujhse zyada to tum bolte ho.

He looked at her annoyingly and then towards their hands dipped in the water. She got closer to the fountain and told him to the same. He was hesitant but he did as told and kept his head on his arm which rested on the rim.

Keeping her head on his hand where his jead wasn't placed, she moved her fingers on his and made circles in water with their hands. Rakshit who was reluctant at first was loving it now.

But he needed more than just the peace of their fingers in water.

Taking his hand back and upsetting Drishti at the same time, he put his across her shoulder and pulled her a little closer to him.

His fingers intentionally brushed against her skin and traced her arm to her fingers. Her body shivered at his touch but she went along and laid a little on him as his fingers played with her hands inside the water.

She wasn't sure if it was the water or her hands that he liked at the moment but took it as a green card to her thoughts on him being the one for her.

Even today they were together the entire time during the day. Although he didn't admit it in front of her, he did enjoy her company.

She looked at him nervously as he drew circles on her back hand and took them out of water. Standing up from the pavement he forwarded his hand for her and helped her stand.

Rakshit:- shadi ke kam to ho gae. Par aj tumhe jldi uthna hai. Yaad hai na?

She memorized how Lavanya was threatening her in front of Rakshit to get up early since they got works to do.

As she stood up she got disbalanced because her legs had partially paralyzed due to sitting for too long.

Before she could fall Rakshit carefully caught her arms and pulled her to a straight posture. She stumbled another step and held onto his shoulders for support.

Rakshit:- aur here we go again.

He sighed.

He knew her as the girl who didn't know how to walk and even called her by that name multiple times.

Rakshit:- tum dekh ke nai chal skti?

Drishti:- meine socha tumhe test karu ki tum meri help karoge ke nahi. Testing your heart you know. Aur tum pas ho gae.

He understood her attempts to hide her embarrassment and smiled at it. She noticed the smile but didn't say anything to make it awkward.

Rakshit:- sun ke acha laga.

Circling his right arm around her waist and holding her left hand in his he started walking towards the hotel. Drishti kept complaining about her leg which was still half numb and had started paining like needles being stung so he stopped and waited for her to get okay.

In that time she leaned against his shoulder and asked him how he liked the water. He didn't give any reply. His heavy breaths were enough to tell her that she was talking a lot and had asked three questions at a time.

Drishti:- sorry

She bit her tongue. Placing her hand on his which was on her waist she smiled at him.