|| Chapter 8 || I Love You

Rakshit was clicking her pictures all the way as were hiking through a mountain. His camera clicked as she passed by the bushes, fell down, laughed after falling, played with the tree leaves.

Smiling at the happy figure in front of him he wondered if his fear was even logical. There stood the girl he would want to cherish the rest of his life but in front of her stood his father's words.

The man himself died but left his words to haunt Rakshit for a lifetime.

Drishti:- aur phir meine use dhakka dia aur vahan se bhag gai.

She laughed whole heartedly telling him one of her crazy experiences. Rakshit didn't give much attention to her words as he was too indulged in her.

Who would notice the nectar if the whole flower was in front of him?

Such was his situation now. Her talks did entertain him, made him happy- but her smile- that faded everything else which was beautiful about her. He could see her smile for his lifetime, hear her laugh without getting irritated.

Such was her magic.

If it wasn't witchcraft, what was it?

Drishti:- Rakshit chalo vahan chalte hai. Ab apna camera andar rakh lo please.

Rakshit, who would never have put his camera back because someone told him to now put that same camera back in his bag and walked with her.

Drishti:- jldi chalo!

Holding his hand she dragged him to the top- was dragging him to the top when she got out of breath. She fell on the ground and started huffing while Rakshit was smiling at her.

He had warned her to not run all thr way but she didn't listen, now she had to pay the price.

Rakshit:- meine kaha tha.

Drishti:- kaha tha to ab kya award dun?

She glared at him. He kneeled down beside her and took out a water bottle from his bag. Bringing the bottle close to her mouth he supported her head with his hand and later allowed his chest to be the supporter.

Keeping his chin on her head he waited for her to finish drinking and continue the hike. He had a few days with her and he wanted to create a whole set of memories which would last a life time, so many that everyday he got a new one to cherish.

But it couldn't happen, right?

The memories will last a lifetime but they still weren't enough for him.

He wanted collect all the memories of her, carry her in his heart amd live in those beautiful moments.

Drishti:- chalo

They started walking again. Drishti had noticed that Rakshit's mood was off today. Even if his face never showed normal expressions of happiness, just a serious faced man, but never pale faced.

Anyways, she knew how to make him happy.

As they reached the top of the mountain where they were accompanied by the silence and the tremendous beauty of that place. She felt delighted on seeing him smile and lean back on a tree for support.

She walked closer to him and kept her head on his shoulder, talking about random stuff to change his mood.

He was happily conversing with her until that one moment his breathing felt a major slow down feeling her wrap her arms around him and keep her head on his chest.

Drishti:- Rakshit?

Looking at him she stood on her knees to match their level and to prevent her from falling he held her waist in his hands.

Her body wasn't fragile but to him she sure did feel like that.

As her hands cupped his face gently, she closed her eyes to say something. Her uneven breaths hitting his face made him crazy. Traitor heart once again betrayed him for the girl he met a few days ago.

And this time it even made Drishti realize how he felt.

She was nervous and so was he.

Drishti:- I love you

The three words left her lips not knowing how they weren't just words. Normally it was the daggers of her eyes that wounded him, but today it was the whole sword of words that killed him.

A deep exhale followed by a smile which he could see. Her eyes still shut as he pulled her further closer.

Drishti:- Rakshit I love you

That was it. Feelings being feelings, emotions being emotions, heart knowing just one language forced him to go ahead. His lips captured hers in a kiss that poured all his love.

He was bad at words and she knew that. She was okay with that. His actions proved his love.

As if trying to merge her body into his he kept squeezing her until she tapped his shoulders to ease down. Breaking the kiss he looked into her eyes as he let her lose.

His hand couldn't help but travel up to her face and let the thumb trace the lips he had just kissed. Wasn't it possible that he could do it anytime he wanted?

If he married her, then yes.

She would be his. By all means, she would be his and he would be hers.

Her body shook nervously in his grip which caused him to lose control once again and kiss her. She too gave in to him and let him kiss her.

She laughed pulling away when Rakshit sneezed in between and later made an irritating face as if the sneeze was an intruder.

Drishti:- I love you

She said once again, hoping him to say the same to her but no words came out of his mouth. Thinking that he was just shy she shrugged it off and pecking his lips for the last time she asked him The Question.

Drishti:- Will you marry me?

That came as a sudden blow. He didn't expect her to ask him this. His heart battled with his brain to say a yes but this time, the brain which was mislead by the fear, won the battle.

Drishti:- Rakshit?

She said in a low tone as he stepped back without looking at her.

Rakshit:- I'm sorry

Those were the only words he said before running away, leaving Drishti in tears. She didn't deserve this, did she?

 She didn't deserve this, did she?

Next story:- after this one ends.