one

A  NIGHT IN  PARADISE

- Eleventh of August, 2014.

ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴀᴠᴇᴍᴇɴᴛ were scorched and gray as the breeze traveled amidst the hot summer of August. A pale blue sky and warm weather embraced the whole of California. Birds chirping and flocking together against the narrow string that separates the sky and the sea. Lou could view everything dark under her sunglasses. Manipulating her motorcycle as skillfully as she could, she was speeding up and running along the northern California coast. PCH's spectacular mountains and rock formations were bathed in salt air.

Tamie made a call last night, letting her know about the party she's hosting later at her beach house. Almost, she jumped out of her seat and nearly threw her cup of tea on a Friday morning. The woman merely contacted her for a long time, despite them having each other's phone numbers. Neither one of them refuses to acknowledge the reason behind their sudden loss of communication; even the squad did not dare talk about it further. The issue remained unscathed in a state of uncertainty. Howbeit, Tamie making a call and inviting her to her party, is something Lou hopes could finally reconcile everything.

Her pulse beat louder, and she was unable to give attention to the roar of the waves that were crashing up against the shore. She watched as her feet stood on a marble floor in the foyer of Tamie's beach house. Tapping her fingers on the side of her left leg while holding keys on the right, she bit her lower lip, emitting a long, deep sigh, before taking one good step towards the entrance.

"Lou is here!" It was Daphne who shouted the moment she saw her entering the hallway. It was Lou, who has always been fabulously dressed in a hunter green suit, with bangs that fall perfectly on her face. Her strong presence draws attention to the people around her. Their eyes couldn't almost believe she was really there, standing in front of them. Everyone gleamed.

"Hi, everyone." Lou couldn't it say more ungainly as she stands in a good semblance of the people whom she was relatively familiar with. People she used to hang out with until she disappeared from them 5 years ago. She smiled awkwardly.

"Look at you! It's been so long, Miller. I've missed you!" Tamie flashed her a strained smile that made her feel welcome for the first time in a very long time before pulling her in for a hug. Lou reeked deeply of what was going on, clinging to the moment. She can't quite clasp a consummation of how she did end up here. But one thing is for sure: This feels like home.

"I've missed you, too." She replied, almost in a whisper, as they both let go. The smile never left Lou's face, brimming in a state of intense joy that she seems to have been acquainted with long since she dwelled upon it and merely knew by heart. Turning at the rest of the ladies in front of her, she felt tears rolling down her face. "I missed all of you!"

"Aww..." Everyone went to her for a hug. Lou couldn't be happier. She dreamed about this, every night, when she was all alone in her bed, as thoughts clouded her mind with the extreme force of memory lanes that were no longer in the springtime of life. Guests who were present on that day didn't have any clue what was going on but witnessed the emotional reunion between the seven ladies.

"Where have you been hiding, Lou? I am all over California, and I didn't even see you, not at least once, by luck!" Akwafina stated, looking up at her, observing her face and how much difference Lou has made. She's even more beautiful, particularly with the bangs and short hair.