thirteen

A NIGHT IN PARADISE

- Eleventh of August, 2014.

ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴀʀᴛʏ ᴡᴀꜱ already in full swing, with the music blaring and the drinks flowing freely. Bodies swayed to the beat, and the air was thick with the scent of alcohol and sweat. But as the night wore on, the atmosphere grew increasingly charged, as if a storm was brewing on the horizon.

Lou sat back, ankles crossed, a flicker of irritation washing over her face. The rowdy ambiance of the place only amplified her frustration. She got another drink, swiftly downing it in one gulp, as if hoping the liquor could quell the fiery anger simmering within her, longing to be released. Seeing Debbie with that guy sent Lou back to her reality. She is not yours anymore. You two were over a long time ago.

"You know what? You're right; why don't I enjoy this party?" Lou turned to Daphne before she rose from her seat, a heaviness settling in her chest.

"Lou!" Daphne called.

Lou did not wait for Daphne's response, as she walked away. The hope of winning Debbie back gradually withered away, leaving behind a painful acceptance. She glanced around the vibrant party, the pulsating music and laughter filling the air. Determined to find solace elsewhere, leaving behind the remnants of her shattered expectations.

Lou stepped into the kitchen, with the desire to come across something.

The kitchen counter boasted an array of drinks, and Lou momentarily mulled over the idea of consuming them all, yet she knew it wouldn't be enough to make her forget about tonight's telenovela. She laughed; her life is like a parallel of telenovelas, growing tired of the constant twists and turns.

Suddenly, someone coughed, jolting Lou out of her thoughts. She felt a surge of indignation at the interruption, questioning how anyone could dare to disrupt her personal telenovela. Silently, she chuckled in her thoughts.

Of course, twisted turn of events are part of a telenovela, and Lou could curse all the saints for playing games with her life. The moment she looked up at the person, it seemed like her soul was snatched away by some devil and threw into a fire of nemesis she couldn't defeat.

She desperately tried to speak, but her words failed to materialize. Danny Ocean, the legendary figure, sat beside her on the kitchen counter, dressed in his signature black suit and fedora. Lou's eyes widened in disbelief, and all that managed to escape her lips was, "Bloody Mary! Fuck me dead!"

"Oh, no thanks. I'll leave that to my sister." He sat upright and leaned on the counter, reaching for the displayed drinks, while Lou remained frozen, unable to move or even blink. She wondered if this encounter was merely a figment of her imagination, a dream that could easily slip away.

"Fuck. Tell me this is not a joke or some hallucination. I might have drank too much!" Attempting to gather her thoughts, Lou tapped her forehead and ran her fingers through her hair, hoping to ground herself in reality. No, this is definitely not a dream. Danny Ocean is a tangible presence before her.

"You are not, Lou Miller." Danny Ocean exudes an air of effortless confidence as he perches on the kitchen counter, his casual posture exuding a relaxed charm. With his dark, neatly groomed hair and a mischievous glint in his eyes, he possesses a timeless allure that captivates those around him.