seven

A  NIGHT IN  PARADISE

- Eleventh of August, 2014.

ᴡʜɪꜱᴘᴇʀꜱ, ᴛᴀʟᴋ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴄᴏᴍᴇᴅɪᴇ, whether sweet or objectionable, have gone recklessly into the thin air of Malibu. At night, it was as still as the gloaming sky and as enchanting as the constellations splashed through the dreaming gray. It is enchanting to hear the waves splashing tirelessly across the shore as if desperately climbing up and coming back down again. It was a paradise lost in the twilight as the night went on to exacerbate.

Lou, lost in thought, the glass was abandoned, clasped inside her hands, was staring into the bewilderment as if none of the noise around her mattered. Knowing that just a few meters away was the ever-exquisite woman, Debbie Ocean, sitting fancily like a confident force of nature that's digging Lou Miller's every soul into the grave, The woman sure is doing nothing but minding her own business, and that's the thing: Debbie, ignoring her, seems to crash her pride into tiny pieces, making sure they would go float with the aggressive tides of Malibu. Debbie's message, even without saying it right in front of Lou's face, was very clear: She doesn't care about her presence at all. A bitter smile crept into her lips. She should've known this from the moment she stepped onto the marble floor of Tammy's mansion.

"Woman's coming up here, Miller," Daphne whispered. Only Lou got back to her knocking reality. She glanced at the woman walking toward her. Goodness, do I have to deal with this again?

"Fine. I guess you were right."

"I'm always right, sweetheart. Now, go and deal with this like a full-grown, old, mature woman!"

"Hey! Watch your mouth! I'm not that old!"

"God! Are we sure gonna discuss that?"

"No."

"Right. And make sure to guard your actions, baby. Your woman, right from across the room, is just waiting to be pursued." Daphne winks. Although Lou lost all her working comprehension about Daphne's remark, she shrugged it off.

Prediction comes with satire derivatives, and if you are lucky enough, you might as well read the moves very well to hit a point at guessing. Daphne's smirk never hid under the glinting bright light of the room, along with the obvious glances that the rest of the woman was sharing. Debbie could swear this awkwardness was killing her, and she could blame no one but Tammy, whose smile never hesitated to put her out of sight. She drank again, wishing to be three sheets into the wind, and might as well disappear.

"Hi. Mind if I accompany you tonight? Therese, by the way."

"Didn't know Tammy invited an escort to her beach party," Akwafina whispered, which only Debbie and Tammy heard. Tammy burst into laughter, shaking her head. She looked at Debbie.

"What?" Debbie raised her eyebrow.

"You can do better than that, Ocean."

"Can you just shut up?"

"Lou's such a draw to brunette women, don't you think?" Akwafina said. Debbie's brows frowned.

"But Lou likes long-haired brunettes, Constance."

"Right!" she replied, imitating Rose's accent. "And gosh, Tammara, don't call me that!"