Chapter 1

Stiles had officially been kicked out of the pack. He knew it was coming, they had been pushing him away, bit by bit, ignoring him at school, ignoring him outside of school. After months of nothing, he received a text message from the Alpha demanding that he turned up for a pack meeting. He knew it was to kick him out, why else would he need to be there.

Stiles put on a brave face and entered the loft. It hurt seeing all the pack there, all sat comfortably with cushions and blankets, surrounded by drinks and snacks, Netflix waiting on the humongous TV he didn't even know Derek had. They weren't having a pack meeting, they were having a pack night and Derek obviously wanted to rub his face in it.

Stiles looked at everyone, eyes landing on Scott, his best friend, but Scott was doing his best not to look at him.

All Derek said was , Stiles your not pack, stay away from us, and stay out of all the supernatural shit that may occur. He is just a weak human who has no business interfering in it.

No one stood up for him, no one had anything to say, not even Scott. They all just sneered at him and turned back to the TV looking for a film to watch.

Stiles left the loft, not before hearing Derek tell the pack to not speak to him anymore, not even at school.

One by one the pack bonds broke, leaving Stiles in agony. He knew that the pack would be able to hear his pain and cry's from the loft but no one came out to see if he was okay. Stiles got into his jeep and left. Went back home to an empty house. His father the sheriff was always working, never spent any time at home with his son. Stiles had no one. He didn't belong anywhere.

Stiles spent the rest of the week alone. No one spoke to him at school. The pack ignored him. He sat by himself at lunch time. Danny came to sit with him, but Stiles saw the look Jackson gave him so he told Danny to leave.
Danny didn't care though and sat with Stiles at lunch. Jackson tried to keep Danny away but Danny told Jackson he was being an arse, and he could hang out with anyone he wishes. He even had a go at the pack for the way they had just abandoned Stiles, even though he didn't know what it was about, he didn't like it, and decided he would be Stiles friend, and he wouldn't let Stiles push him away.
Danny made sure to sit with him at every lunch break and also in every class he had with him. Even if Stiles wouldn't talk to him much, he would be there for him.

Every time Stiles came home, there would be a new note on the fridge telling him that his dad wouldn't be home until late, so not to wait up.

**

It was 2am and Stiles couldn't sleep. It was nothing knew, he could never sleep. He wasn't eating either. When he looked in the mirror, he could see his ribs sticking out. He was in pain all the time, and he knew it wouldn't be long before he wasted away, but he didn't care. He had nothing to live for, no friends, and his only family he had was his father and he was never home. No one would miss him if he wasn't there anymore.

Most nights when Stiles is awake, he drives to an all night cafe on the outskirts on Beacon Hills. He would go there and read, or study. It was always empty so it was nice and peaceful for him. The woman who worked the late nights, left him alone and just sat at the counter with her feet propped up listening to music with her headphones on, and always had her eyes glued to her phone. Stiles would laugh, as it reminded him of that scene in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 1, when Harry, Ron and Hermoine left the wedding after it was ambushed and they went to the cafe in London. The waitress there was the same, and she didn't even notice when the bad guys came in and they all fought. As soon as he thought that, the bell on the door rang indicating that someone had just entered. No one ever comes in at this time so Stiles was intrigued and peeped round the corner from his little booth that was tucked away out of view.

He saw a man standing at the counter, he ordered a black coffee. Stiles was about to turn back to his books and ignore the stranger when the scars peeking out from beneath the man's sunglasses caught his attention, and he froze.

How was it that not long after he gets kicked out the pack, he runs across the one werewolf Derek deigned to warn him about before shutting up around him? How was it that, where no one else had spotted any members of the Alpha pack yet, not that Stiles had been looking, of course not, Stiles just happened to run into the leader, Deucalion himself?.

He made a grasp for his phone, but decided not to bother, when he realised that neither his calls nor his texts would be answered. He could just walk out, ignore the Alpha and walk out the front door, pretend he hadn't seen him.

Or

Stiles fiddled with a small tube filled with mountain ash that he had in his pocket. He had stolen it from Deaton's a week ago. He was pretty sure that Deaton knew he had taken it, the Vet had been the only one protesting Derek's decision, silent the protest was, so Deaton had looked the other way for once and 'accidentally' left the cabinet to his more supernatural supplies unlocked one night.

Stiles wasn't sure what ingesting the mountain ash would do to a werewolf, but he had seen what it had done to Gerard after he had been bitten and knew that mountain ash could repel werewolves, so he was banking on hope that it might also poison them.