Chapter 4

A few hours later and Stiles woke up slowly. He felt rested and he was comfy. He was confused because he knew it wasn't his bed. He didn't have nice soft sheets like these ones. Blinking awake he frowned, before remembering what had happed at the cafe. He sat up and grabbed his neck where he had been bitten.

"Settle down, darling." a deep soothing voice spoke up from beside him. Stiles looked at Deucalion with wide eyes. The same Alpha he tried to poison.

"What....."

"It's okay, you are safe here, I promise."

Stiles was confused. He believed him. He had all these emotions running through him for his Alpha.

His alpha?

It sounded right calling him his Alpha. It made his wolf feel content. But he didn't understand any of it. He was feeling things he didn't know how to explain, he was hurting bad inside, hurting in a mental way that had no explanation for at all. He didn't understand why his Alpha was crawling on top of the bed with him until he was sitting with his back to the headboard . Stiles automatically moved closer to his Alpha and Deucalion run his fingers through his hair, but he still didn't understand.
Deucalion seemed to understand though, picking up on one of the feelings that was confusing his beta.

"Don't worry darling, I'll explain everything to you. I will make sure to teach you what ever you want and need to know."

"But I don't understand." Stiles pleaded, his nails extending into claws and digging into Deucalion thigh. Deucalion didn't flinch, he just put his hand over Stiles own, which made Stiles retreat his claws and calm a little.

"It's quite simple darling, you are pack. Neither I nor your new pack mates will hurt you, ever. We will care for you, we will listen to you, and we will always be here for you. That's what pack does, darling, and that's what we will do."

"But ..... but they didn't." Stiles stuttered, his pulse rising, causing Deucalion to growl.

Stiles tensed up, but Deucalion pulled Stiles onto his lap, running his hands up and down Stiles back, soothing him.

"I'm not angry at you darling, I promise. I'm angry at the Hale pack, for the way they have treated you. They formed pack bonds with you Stiles, and then ravaged them, broke them. It is dangerous. Alpha Hale nearly killed you, and would have succeeded had you not cried out for help."

"What?." Stiles frowned

"He broke your bonds darling. So did the rest of the pack. A werewolf can barely survive like that, our pack consists of the few exceptions, but for a human? You were well on you way to wasting away. And were still loyal to them. You still tried to poison me, because you were still loyal to those who had broken their bonds with you. I could have killed you, it would have been considered a mercy killing in our world."

Stiles tensed but Deucalion continued before he could pull away.

"But you had potential, darling, you were nearly destroyed, but you still stood strong. So I turned you, made you a part of my pack, made you mine. And no one hurts that which belongs to me."

Stiles was fairly sure that he shouldn't feel as flattered , as loved, as he felt with him being claimed as if he was a piece of property. But he could feel the protectiveness that Deucalion was speaking with in the back of his mind, in the place where the pack bonds he could now recognise lay. He could feel the truth of Deucalion words. And a though small part of him said to stand up for himself, to walk away from this, take his own path, but he couldn't. He hadn't felt this welcomed in years, hadn't felt this sort of love ever since his mum got sick. Stiles decided he was where he wanted to be and he buried his head deeper into Deucalion chest. He felt safe and loved being wrapped up with his Alpha.

They laid there for a while, cuddled up on the bed. Neither one of them saying anything, just soaking up the warmth.

"Stiles, there is someone downstairs wishing to see you."

Stiles tensed, who could possibly want to see him?

"Listen Stiles"

Stiles did, he used his werewolf senses and listened. He heard a women talking, Kali he presumed, then he heard it. She was talking to his dad. Why would his dad be here?

"You brought my dad? You told him? Why would you tell him? Derek said I could never tell my dad about the supernatural, said it had to be kept a secret, no matter what, no exceptions. He even threatened to rip out my throat if I ever told him. Scott agreed with him even though his mum knows all about it. Peter didn't agree with them, he said he should know, and it would help with cases at the station if he knew what he was going up against. Peter said that the sheriff of a town has always been in the know. Peter got the shit kicked out of him for that, for disagreeing with his Alpha. "

Stiles knew that Peter was being kept on the sidelines within the pack. Derek hated him and only kept him in so he didn't go feral again.

"We called him as soon as we brought you here. He's worried about you and has been waiting for you to wake up. And of course we told your dad Stiles. Your a wolf now darling, your pack, that makes your dad pack too or at least pack adjacent. We would never make you keep something like that from him, and Peter is right. The sheriff of a town or head of law enforcement is always in the know. There are people in the FBI that are in the know, it's how it's always been. The council agreed to it years ago."

"The council? Like a supernatural council?."

"Yes Stiles, we are part of said council, that is why we are here, to observe the Hale pack."

"Oh, Derek thinks you are here to kill him and his pack. They are probably thinking of ways to kill you before you get the chance."

"No we are not here to kill anybody. We have killed packs in the past, but only ones that have either gone rogue or feral and needed to be put down . No we are simply here to see if Derek is fit to lead the pack in Beacon Hills, and unfortunately it's not looking good for him."

"What will happen to him? Will you kill him?."

"No, if I find him unworthy of being an Alpha I will have his Alpha spark removed from him."

"You can do that?."

"I can, the council won't stand in the way, they will trust my judgement and allow me to judge how I see fit, and after what he has done to you, I don't think he will be able to keep the Alpha spark."

Stiles nodded. He couldn't find it in himself to care what happened to Derek and the pack.