Chapter 5

"How did my dad take it? Can I see him?."

Stiles started to panic, what if he was going to lose his dad now that he is a werewolf. What if he hates him, thinks he is a monster. He wouldn't be able to handle his dads rejection, he couldn't lose his dad.

"Hey, it's okay, calm down, your worrying too much"

Deucalion hands were now resting on Stiles cheeks. Stiles looked at Deucalion and bared his neck to his Alpha. It made his oncoming panic attack disappear.

"There you go, good boy."

Stiles flushed at being called a good boy.

"There is nothing to worry about, your father seems to be more than accepting and wishes to see you. Like I said, he is very worried about you."

Deucalion decided not to tell him that the sheriff shot Ennis in reflex when he wolfed out, much to Kali and the twins amusement. Nor was he going to tell him that he himself got shot when the sheriff found out that he was the one who bit his son.

However when they explained everything that happened, and that the Hale pack was responsible for his only sons deteriorating health, mentally and physically, the sheriff started cursing bloody murder. Ennis had to stop him from going to kill the Hale alpha and his pack of teens. The sheriff couldn't believe that Scott would let this happen, Scott  who he saw as a second son, the boy who had been best friends with Stiles since they were in diapers. He couldn't believe that Scott would treat his son this way and abandon him after everything Stiles had done for him.  Helped him with is asthma.

The sheriff almost broke down when he was told how bad Stiles was, and that he was so close to death and had all but given up. The fact that the Hale pack breaking the pack bonds with his son, had caused him immense pain and suffering, causing insomnia and lack of appetite. They told him that he probably wouldn't have lasted another week without any intervention. He was also shocked that he had tried to poison Deucalion, the leader of the Alpha pack, as a last cry for help. Deucalion told him that it was to either prove his loyalty to the Hale pack or the fact that he had completely given up and wanted to be killed.

Noah hated the thought that his son felt this way and that he wasn't there for him. He has been so busy with work, after losing most of his deputy's after the whole kanima incident, he never considered what his absence was doing to his son. He stupidly thought that he would be with Scott and his friends, not sat home alone, or sat in a cafe at 2am by himself.

Noah was heartbroken for his son, his only son. He had promised Claudia that he would always be there for him and protect him and he nearly lost him. He had failed on every level.

He could tell that Deucalion wasn't innocent and has probably done a lot of bad things, but Noah is so grateful to him for saving his boy, he somehow knew that Stiles would be safe with him and his pack.

Stiles jumped out of bed and ran down the stairs, Deucalion following at a fast pace.

When he reached the bottom step he noticed the rest of the pack. Ennis was in the kitchen making breakfast, the twins were sat on the sofa and Kali was standing by the doorway talking to his dad. There were no sign of Ennis' betas though, Stiles didn't know who they were. He hadn't found out anything about them during his research.

As soon as he saw his dad he ran up to him and jumped in his arms.

Noah quickly wrapped his arms around his boy, almost sobbing when he felt how thin Stiles was. They were both crying.

They all headed into the kitchen to sit and eat breakfast. Noah's eyes lit up when he saw his plate. There was bacon, sausage, eggs, beans, hash brown, black pudding, French toast, everything that Stiles wouldn't allow him to have.

"Ooh this looks delicious." Noah said drooling .

Stiles had his arms crossed, glaring at his father. Then he smiled. "Just this once."

Noah didn't hesitate and dug right in.

Deucalion saw the worried look on Stiles face when Ennis put his plate in front of him. He was overwhelmed with the amount of food, even though it wasn't a lot. Ennis had only given him toast and eggs.

"Just eat what you can darling. We won't force you to eat it all, how about just eating a little bit of toast and see how you get on, or we can make you something else if you prefer. We have plenty of fruit or we have porridge. That might be easier to digest?."

"It's okay. This is fine. Thank you for making breakfast Ennis."

"Your welcome pup." Ennis smiled. "Just eat what you can. Whatever you don't eat it won't go to waste, not with those two around." He said pointing to the twins Ethan and Aiden.

Stiles smiled at the twins. He was glad there was someone around his own age in the pack.

Noah couldn't help but notice the way Deucalion acted around Stiles and called him darling.

"Deucalion, could I have a word with you before I leave for work." Noah asked.

"Yeah sure, we can go to my office."

When they went in, Deucalion told Noah that the room was soundproof, so he could say whatever was on his mind.

"Thank you for helping Stiles. I would appreciate it if he could stay with you for a while, whilst he learns how to be a werewolf. I can see that he feels safe here. Just seeing him laugh with the twins, I haven't seen him laugh in so long. It kills me that I ever noticed how unhappy my son was.

Deucalion was relieved that the sheriff trusted him to look after his son. He thought that the sheriff might want to take him away.

"He is my pack Noah. It would be close to impossible for me to let him live elsewhere, especially being a newly bitten wolf. My wolf needs to keep him close. We also need to discuss your living arrangements too, we own this whole building so there are plenty of apartments, if you wish to move in. You don't have to and you don't need to decide yet, but because Stiles is pack, that means you are too, or at least pack adjacent. We don't want to take away his only family member, so you are welcome to stay here."

"Thank you Deucalion. I'm still processing the whole werewolf thing and the fact that my son is one now."

"I know, it must have come as a shock, but we will do everything to make Stiles feel safe and protected, and that includes you too. We will help you adjust and answer any questions you may have ."