Chapter 3

Deucalion kept the bite as gentle as he could, taking away some of the pain.

Deucalion retracted his fangs, and licked over the wound causing the boy to whimper.

He studied the bite, and Deucalion smiled in satisfaction when no scent of a failed bite reached him.

"Why.....why did you?." The boy whimpered.

It caused Deucalion to start pulling the boys, his boy, his, pain again, getting a relieved sigh from his new beta.

His. His

"You're broken, darling, your pack bonds have been ravaged, and that will eventually affect you as much as it would a wolf. I can already tell that you are in so much pain, and I can feel your ribs, you haven't been eating properly. I simply wish to keep you from shattering, give you a place where you can recover and belong. I want you to be healthy again."

Stiles leaned back into Deucalion chest. Feeling the warmth . And a sense of belonging. That's all he's ever wanted.

Deucalion took it as submission, and tightened his arms a little more around the boy. He could already feel a pack bond starting to form, one that would tie them together for the rest of their lives. He could also feel another bond too. A mate bond. He was surprised as he didn't notice it to begin with. Normally he would have been able to scent the mate bond, but Stiles scent had been all over the place.

It would take a while before stiles would be able to feel the bond himself, the turning process could take up to a full 24 hours and it would probably take longer for him to accept the bond.

"Don't worry, darling, I take care of that which belongs to me. I will make sure you are well taken care of within your new pack."

Deucalion had taken the boy home. The waitress in the cafe hadn't taken any notice of them or seen anything as she was too engrossed in her phone. Stiles had collapsed, probably from a combination of stress, sleeplessness and the bite. Carrying Stiles had caused Deucalion to whimper, feeling how light he was and how much his bones protruded out. He was literally skin and bones. He doesn't know how he survived this long. He would take care of him. His mate.

When they got home, he walked in, ignoring the various shouts and calling of his name, and took the boy to his bedroom, tucked him in bed, and sat on the edge of the bed, running a hand through his hair.

Ennis was stood in the doorway with his eyebrows raised.

"Deuc? Who is the boy?."

"Ennis this is my beta. Please could you look though his bag, I left it over there by the unit." The emotions coursing through Deucalion as he mentioned the sleeping boy caused his scent to soften and sweeten , more than Ennis had ever noticed it to be.

Ennis grabbed the bag and rummaged through it trying to find any form of ID.

"Meis......Meiz , well I can't pronounce his legal name but his student ID says his name is Stiles Stilinski."

Deucalion growled. He knew the name Stiles. The human of the Hale pack. He was told that he was the most respected of the pack. Obviously that information was incorrect. He had also heard what Gerard had done to him by Ennis' betas.

"Stilinski is the name of the local sheriff, Deuc, do you want us to go talk to him?."

Before Deucalion could respond, Stiles twitched in his sleep, a distress noise coming from him as he thrashed in the bed.

"It's okay, darling, it's alright, your safe now." Deucalion hummed softly, running his hand through stiles hair.

Ennis could see that this was more than a bond between Alpha and Beta. He thinks that this one runs deeper by the way Deuc is reacting to the boy. He needed to speak with Kali. Protective measure would have to be set as soon as possible. If Deucalion was forming the bond Ennis thought he was, then their Alpha was going to be overprotective of the boy.

"Bring Stiles father here, we will inform him of his son, and the ravaging of his bonds by the Hale pack."

Ennis' face froze, horrified at the clear implications.

"Ravaged? He had bonds to the Hale pack?."

"Yeah and they were torn apart." Deucalion snarled. "My boy tried to poison me out of a last cry for help, still holding loyalty to a pack who cast him out so cruelly. They will pay for hurting what's mine Ennis."

"Poison? How did you not kill him if he tried to kill you?."

"He was leaking emotions all over the place. You can feel him already can't you? Look at his bonds. Well what little is left of them."

Ennis did feel the bond which was still forming next to the rest of the bonds. He tried to look at the bonds attached to Stiles bond before flinching away. Because they reminded him too much of him own frayed and torn bonds. Only his were were that way because a hunter had killed his entire pack, not because he had been casted out.

"Why? Why would an Alpha so cruelly cast out a human" No pack ever cast out a member lightly, never. "I mean, Alpha Hale lost all his family and had his bonds broken, I can't believe he would do that on purpose, especially when he knows what it feels like."

"I do not know yet, but I intend to find out."

"I will inform Kali and the others, and Kali will get the sheriff." Ennis said.

"Let me know when he is here. I need to stay with Stiles for now."

"Of course." Ennis expected nothing less.

Before Ennis left, he glanced at the boy again. He looked like death. Bags under his eyes, he looked really thin too. Hopefully he can recover and get better with his new pack who will look after him.