Chapter 11

"When I found him a few days ago, he was still trying his best to be loyal to an Alpha who didn't want him. So I took him in. Stiles is part of my pack now, Peter Hale." Blind eyes glowed a bright red color as Deucalion spoke his next words, warning clear. "Any attempt to take him away from us will be met with extreme violence."

"And what does Stiles think of this? Or does he not have a choice?" Peter found himself unable to keep his thoughts to himself. Even though he was aware that pissing off the Alpha pack was not a way to stay alive and in one piece.

"I like it here." Stiles voice broke through the silence that had covered the room the moment Peter made his accusation, cutting through the tension like a knife.

Lifting his head from where it had been resting on Deucalion's shoulder, Stiles frowned a little in concentration. He hadn't consciously tried to do it before, not yet, but he'd been the one to train Scott to control his nature, for the most part.

It just took a little concentration.

Peter's eyes widened in shock when Stiles opened his eyes from where he had closed them to concentrate, staring unblinkingly at the brilliant gold colored eyes looking at him. That was an unexpected development.

"I like my Alpha." Stiles continued, even as he kept his eyes alight, fangs peeking out from behind his lips as he spoke. "I like my pack. The bonds finally feel really good, and they told my dad. So please, Peter, don't try to take them from me. Please?"

Was Stiles begging him not to interfere? Did the boy really think he had that much influence over him? Or even if he did, that he would take Stiles away from a place where he was so clearly already loved?

Peter would never. He liked the kid, had told him so on more than one occasion.

"I did say you'd make a terrific Werewolf." Is what Peter finally settled on, and though the Alpha pack looked a little confused, wondering whether they should be worried, Stiles smiled.

It's a carefree smile, wide and open. One that Peter hadn't ever truly seen, not around his nephew's pack at least. The closest had been when one day, Peter had walked past a lunch cafe and seen Stiles and the sheriff laughing and talking over a meal.

He was not going to take this happiness away from the only teenager who was once part of Derek's pack whom he actually liked .

"I'm sorry, Stiles." Peter sighed a little, dragging a hand down his face. "I didn't know that Derek was being so monumentally stupid. I didn't think he would ever intentionally rip apart pack bonds, not after....not after how we lost most of ours. I'm sorry for not seeing it coming."

And he was. Though Peter hadn't been around all that much lately, going where ever Derek told him to go, not wanting to hang with a bunch of teenagers, but he now wished he'd been more involved in Derek's pack. Maybe then, he'd have seen this coming and would have been able to find a way to save Stiles some grief.

As it stood now, Peter wasn't sure how he was supposed to face his nephew, his Alpha, no matter how reluctant on both their parts, again.

"The upcoming meetings aren't going to go well for Derek, are they, Alpha Blackwood?" Peter asked, adding just a little formality to his wording as he tried to get a grip on the situation as it stood now, scrambling just a little to figure out what to do next.

Deucalion's smile held way too many teeth and was not in any way reassuring.

"No, they are not. What Alpha Hale's pack have done to Stiles is truly reprehensible, and as of now it is questionable whether he will be allowed to keep his Alpha power."

Well. Peter couldn't say he was surprised, really. After all, he knew, as Derek knew, just how sacred pack bonds were.

He would have to get working on a backup plan for himself, and soon.

Stiles saw the look on Peters face. So he turned to his Alpha and asked. "I know it's a lot to ask, and you don't trust him yet, but please for me, would you consider letting him join your pack?."

Peter looked surprised.

"I will take him on Deuc." Kali suggested out of the blue.

Peter paled, knowing how ruthless Deucalions left hand was. After all he was once left hand to his sister Talia.

"Look, I didn't come here to try and get into your pack, I just wanted to make sure Stiles was okay."

"So you don't want to join our pack? I bet you would love nothing more than to join and become an Alpha. Isn't that what you have always wanted?." Kali asked.

Peter looked at Stiles, and he looked sad. "It used to be, once upon a time. I did nothing but bad things whilst being an Alpha. It drove me insane. I don't want to be that person again."

"No." Stiles shouted and stood up moving towards Peter, ignoring Deucalions growl. "You weren't insane because you were an Alpha. Yeah it contributed but only because of the fire and what Derek and Laura did to you. They knew you were alive, but they chose to leave you in that hospital, you were unable to heal, because of the broken bonds. you were left without a pack, and that is what made you insane. Derek knows all of this too, he just doesn't want to believe it, He just wants to think of you as a monster who killed his sister, but your not. Okay."

Peter had a tear roll down his cheek. "Thank you Stiles. You will always be pack to me." Peter looked over to Kali. "If you will have me, I would love to be your beta. I don't want to be an Alpha, not yet anyway."

Kali nodded, and accepted Peter as her beta. He immediately felt the bonds snap in place, not only with kali, but the rest of the pack. The one with Stiles was still the brightest.

Stiles smiled. He was so happy for Peter. To finally have a real pack again. "Your going to love Kali, Peter. She may look scary as hell, but she is a pussy cat deep down."

Kali growled and tackled Stiles onto the floor, before pulling him into a hug. "Only for you pup"

Stiles couldn't help laughing, and Peter loved hearing that laugh.

"Oh Peter, how did you find me here."

"I looked all night for you, but when I couldn't find you, I asked the sheriff. He told me you were here."

"My dad told you, just like that."

"Believe it or not, me and your dad were friends before the fire. He didn't tell me why you were here, but I could tell he was angry, so I figured he wasn't too happy about you being here, but I guess I got that wrong huh."

"My dad is moving in to an apartment here. He is going to be part of the pack too."

"Oh really. I'm glad. I always told Derek that he needed to know about all of this. "

"That's what Deuc said too. He said that the sheriff should always be in the know. But Derek and Scott said it was dangerous for him to know."

Peter growled. "Its more dangerous him not knowing. My nephew really is a fucking idiot, and I wish I never bit McCall. He doesnt even want to be a werewolf, he just wants the benefits that it comes with."

Just then, Cora walked in. Peter was shocked. He burst into tears and hugged her. They both stayed like that for ages, hugging and crying. In the end Cora led Peter to another room, so they could talk.