Chapter 14

Deucalion had been worried all day. He felt the distress through the pack bonds during school hours. Ethan had text him to say that everything was okay, so not to storm over to the school.  When they had arrived home, Stiles  threw himself into Deucalions arms. Deucalion guided them both to the chair to sit comfortably, so Deucalion could comfort him.

"What's wrong darling?."

"Scott, who else. Also the basement incident got brought up, he won't talk about it." Erica says worriedly, claws scratching at the wood of the table, the twins growling and Boyd just moves closer so he can lean against Erica.

"Stop that." Kali scolds and Erica pulls her claws from the table.

"I kind of outed the fact that he got torched by Gerard to the others, he didn't tell them but they should have known. They should have been able to tell." Erica's voice raises shakily as she talks and her claws would be in the table again if Kali did not grab her hand to stop it.

"Scott acted like they hadn't even kicked him out of the pack and that they were still friends. When Stiles stood up for Erica and called Allison out for kidnapping them, Scott tried to attack Stiles saying that Allison would never do that, even though she admitted it. But Don't worry Danny stepped in and had a go. A lot of things were said, a lot of growling, then Scott was going to attack Erica but coach came. Made us leave , told us to go for lunch, but we could hear what was being said. Coach told Scott that as per the sheriff's orders, he and the pack had to stay away from Stiles. Turns out coach knows about the supernatural." Boyd said.

Peter laughed. "Of course he knows, we were best friends in school. Plus he is a witch, well a hedge witch."

"What's a hedge witch." Stiles asked lofting his from Deucalion's shoulder.

"They work more with herbal magic, and nature. They practice more in healing." Peter said.

"Yeah, we aren't as strong as normal witches, like we can't cast massive spells, but we can do some, and like Peter said, we are good with healing." Danny said.

"Wait, your a hedge witch?." Stiles asked.

"Yeah sorry, I didn't explain that when I told you I was a witch did I. Oops my bad." Danny laughed.

"You made it sound like you was some big powerful witch." Stiles said.

"No I didn't, I believe I just said I'm a witch. I didn't go into detail about it, I never got chance, you were so excited about it." Danny replied.

"Yeah, sorry, I did didn't I?"

"It's okay, I was glad to see you happy I didn't want burst your bubble and reveal the truth. I'm what you would call a basic or low level magic user."

"Your not basic. Your awesome." Ethan smiled kissing Danny on his cheek.

"Yeah you are awesome." Stiles said. "Even with no magic at all, you're awesome, and an awesome friend. Thank you for today by the way Danny. It must have been hard going against Jackson like that. I'm honoured to be called your best friend but I don't want to come between you too."

"You're not. Jackson hasn't been the same since he became a wolf. Even before that to be honest. He was so obsessed with Lydia and himself, I always felt like a third wheel. Like you did with Scott and Allison. I'm happier than I have been in a long time because of you Stiles. You gave me a pack, friends, but most of all family. I don't need Jackson, you don't need Scott. As long as we have each other we will be fine."

Stiles was crying. He pulled himself away from Deuc and wrapped Danny in a tight hug. "I love you man. I love all of you. You are all my best friends. My family" Stiles sobbed.