Chapter 6

"I know you will and I can already see how protective you are of him. I can also see something more if I'm not mistaken?."

Deucalion blushed. "I'm not going to pressure or force anything onto your son Noah, but yes I do like him and would like to court him."

"Court him?."

"Yes it is old werewolf traditions where a werewolf will court his mate."

"Mate, really, like actual wolves, wolves that mate for life?."

"Yes Noah. Stiles is my mate, if I court him he can either accept or reject the courting. He has a choice in this, although since we are both werewolves, he will feel the same pull towards me, even if he doesn't know what it is yet. As I said I would never force him into completing the mate bond with me, and I know he is underage so I'm not going to do anything illegal with him, you have my word on that. But I would like to have your permission to start courting him."

Noah was a little taken back. When he mentioned Deucalions feelings towards his son he never expected him to admit it let alone talk about courting his son and about mates.

"Do you promise that if he rejects you, you will leave it alone. Accept his decision?."

"You have my word Noah. No werewolf wants to be with someone who isn't interested in being with them."

"And you will keep in mind that he is still underage."

"Yes I will."

"Then you have my permission. All I want is for my son to be happy, and if that is with you, then I have no problem with it."

"Thank you Noah. I will do my best to make him happy if he accepts."

"Just know that if you ever hurt him, I will find a way to kill you."

"I would expect nothing less."

"Good. Now I'm going to say bye to my son before I go to work."

Noah walked back into the room to see Stiles play fighting with one of the twins, laughing . Full on laughing. However Deucalion shouted at Ethan and told him to be careful, even though Stiles was a werewolf now, he still wasn't as strong as an Alpha and he was also not fit enough as yet.

"Im going to work now son, I will call later okay."

Stiles got up and hugged his father. "Thank you dad. I love you."

"I love you too kiddo, so much. I will call school and tell them you are sick, there is only 2 weeks until the summer holidays, so I will tell them you won't be in now until after the holidays."

"Thanks dad."

"No worries. You need time to adjust and recover a little and I know you have the best grades in school anyway so a bit of time off isn't going to do any harm. "

"I was thinking of sending the twins to school, it would be good for Stiles especially with the Hale pack there." Deucalion said.

"I would feel better about that to be honest. I don't want the Hale pack causing any problems and causing more hurt to my son."

"I will be okay dad, I'm a werewolf now."

I know kiddo, but I would feel better if they were there with you. I can arrange for them to be in all the same classes too." Noah said.

"That would be wonderful Noah. How does that sound boys." Deucalion asked the twins.

"Yeah I like that, we both wanted to go back to school anyway." Ethan said.

"That's good, we will arrange all of that."

Noah couldn't help but smile when he looked at Stiles. He was now curled up in a chair with blanket around him, snuggled up to Kali, and he was smiling at the others whilst they talked among themselves. It pained Noah to admit it, even to himself, but he hadn't seen Stiles look so comfortable and relaxed in a long time. Not like he does now. Noah was disappointed that he hadn't noticed what was going on in his sons life, and how depressed he had become. He was so obsessed with his work and trying to be a good sheriff, he failed at being a good dad. That was going to change. His son was more important, and will always come first.

Noah said goodbye to Stiles, and kissed him on the forehead. Stiles leaned into it, and nuzzled into his fathers neck scenting him.

"We will make sure one of the apartments is ready for you Noah, whether you choose to live here or only use it a couple of days at a time, and you are of course welcome here any time, and Stiles can come to you too." Deucalion stated.

"Thank you Deucalion." Noah said as he shook his hand. "I will need a bit of time, maybe a month or two, to settle everything with the house. After that, I should be able to move in, if that's alright?."

"As I said, You are welcome to an apartment whenever. It will be ready for you."

"I will see you tomorrow Stiles, ring me or text me anytime." Noah shouted.

"Yeah dad, will do." Stiles shouted back, still engrossed in the story Ennis was telling.

Noah chuckled to himself as he left. Yes Stiles would be fine.