Evidence Logs: JIVE (III)

NEWS BROADCAST

LOCAL NEWS 2.0 with Lil and Steve [SPRINGS VILLAGE, ITHIR SYSTEM]

Transcript:

Lil: And we're back in the studio for a look at that harrowing incident at the Lasky farms. Local Peace Keepers were dispatched to the scene this morning, and they released this statement:

[Interview feed]

Keeper 157: Do not panic. Make sure your animals are put away at night, and keep your doors locked. The evidence supports some sort of animal attack, and we have experts narrowing down leads on dogs that have been sighted around the village. If you see anything suspicious or strange, do not investigate. Go indoors and call your closest Peace Station. If you see an unsecured dog, contact the animal branch at extension 4.

[Studio feed]

Steve: The Keepers also mentioned that they are taking reports of animals that might have escaped from the labs with utter seriousness, and that they are in talks with the greater Keeper Branch office.

Lil: Switching gears now, we turn to Stacee Londyn reporting from the Tarli Memorial [Lintar System] where local villagers just discovered a rare painting that has been missing for two years. Are you with us, Stacee?"

[Lintar 1]

Stacee: Hi Lil, Steve. I'm standing right inside the Tarli Memorial on Bokh'an Peak, a popular destination for intrepid pilgrims who wish to pay their respects to the memories of loved ones lost in the Tarli mine collapse. The peak is home to adverse and changeable conditions, including landslides, snow, windstorms, and torrential rain. 

[Lintar 2]

Stacee (VO): Hundreds of climbers have fallen to their deaths on these cliffs, but it is important for the pilgrim to feel the difficulty, according to El'si Roth (23), the most recent pilgrim to reach the peak. Though they could be airlifted into the region, like I was, they say that would counteract what they are trying to do. 

[Lintar 1]

Stacee: The Tarli Memorial was built at the collapse of the Tarli Mines twenty years ago, and the intergalactically known artist Zhifa did a piece for the monument's dedication. Unfortunately, that painting was thought to have been stolen by the notorious Jivers around three years ago. The Tarli painting is the third stolen object to be returned this month, leading experts to surmise: Jupiter Jive just might be reforming. We'll have more on this story as it develops. 

[Studio feed]

Steve: Well that is certainly something. Can you imagine climbing all the way up those cliffs?

Lil: I don't even want to try picturing it.

Steve: I'm happy to be safe here in the studio. So is Marge, I'm sure, and she'll have the forecast for you after a word from our sponsors

[End segment]