*Author's Note* + Mood Boards, Playlists, and Extras

Dear Present and Future Readers,

If you made it this far, that means you finished the book, and I am incredibly grateful to you! I hope you enjoyed the journey, and that you remember The Last Coffee Shop with fondness. If you liked it, you can recommend it to friends, give it stars and comments, or of course, read it again :) If you didn't like something, or have feedback of any sort, don't hesitate to DM me^^

I first wrote The Last Coffee Shop during NaNoWriMo, and it remains one of my favorite things I have ever written. I have been a barista (though not psychic!), and Mads' frustration with her life reflects on how I felt at that time. Jupiter Jive/Luc, on the other hand, is my personal love letter to 80s glam, kpop dance routines, clever thieves, bounty hunters, and the morally gray but endlessly fascinating characters I have always loved best. The world was always intended to be adjacent to our world,  but containing unsolved mysteries (the cult of Andhera!), curses, unexplored abilities, and a magical element I'm always desperately searching for in my own world. And a liberal dash of pop/punk/rock and Baz Luhrmann inspiration, of course.

If you liked the story and the characters, but didn't want it to end, never fear! I am ridiculous and have written several short fics and drabbles about my own characters, and I plan to publish them here. If you have requests, I might take them (you never know!), so send them along. I am also adding some mood boards/inspiration pics and theme playlists to this final note, so be sure to check those out!(47)

And someday, if I can figure it out - you know, a sequel . . .

I can't believe I've made it to the end of The Last Coffee Shop, and I will keep posting stories on Wattpad. Thank you for reading my work, and I hope you continue to cheer me on and read my stories!

<3 May your coffee (or beverage of choice) always be the perfect temperature!

RH/OneWinterNight

MOOD BOARDS AND CHARACTER PLAYLISTS

Mads (Madeleine) Capot: The Last Barista, "Coffee Psychic", Owner of The Last Coffee Shop✸

✸Mads (Madeleine) Capot: The Last Barista, "Coffee Psychic", Owner of The Last Coffee Shop✸

✸Mads in 10 Songs:

Good in Red by the Midnight - AKA the most Mads song to ever Mads. I'd swear it was written for her.

My Ego Dies at the End by Jensen McRae

Non, Je Ne Regrette Rien by Edith Piaf

Iron by Within Temptation

Never Been in Love by Will Jay

*I Don't Wanna Dance by Hey Monday

⭑남자 없이 잘 살아 (I Don't Need a Man) by miss A (미쓰에이)

What's Love Got to Do With It by Tina Turner