Pixel

Once upon a time, there was a lone pixel.

It was all alone in an empty space, void of all other matter.
People looked it at the lone pixel's world and laughed, saying it would never be anything great.
The pixel didn't care what they thought.
Instead of worrying about their opinions, it put all of its little power into growing.
With a little push, it's size doubled.
Two pixels.
Everyone still looked and laughed.
"Two pixels are worth the same as one," they said.
The void canceled out their remarks as the two pixels got to work, multiplying.
With sixteen pixels, a person from the outside stopped and looked in.
They stared in at the slowly growing number of pixels with wonder, and watched as the process continued.
The pixels worked harder, taking little time to rest.
At sixty-four pixels, the audience had grown to a group of four.
"Maybe they'll be worth something someday," one of the people murmured.
The pixels stayed to their work, growing larger and larger by the second.

Eventually, the number passed one-thousand twenty-four, and the crowd had grown to twice that.
"These pixels went somewhere, that's for sure," people said.
The first pixel backed away from it's work for the first time, and was immediately taken aback.
The work before it was magnificent, each individual pixel working together to make an incredible work of art, the likes of which nobody had ever seen before.
It viewed it's work for a couple of moments before moving to another empty void.

Once upon a time, there was a lone pixel.