Part 77

Tremani POV

Indianapolis, Indiana
2020, August 14th
Downtown apartments

•••

"Look all I'm saying is I want you to be careful. You see what Niya going through Tremani. Don't put me through that." Mayari complained.

"Ion need this shit right now." I said putting my head in my hands.

"Well I don't neither." She said

"I told yo ass what came with me when you got with me. I warned you that it's gonna be nights I go to jail, nights I'm going to be gone, shootouts. You said you was down shorty." I said looking up at her seeing tears come down her face.

"Don't make me feel bad for loving you." She said with her teeth gritted.

I got up and walked close to her.

"All these girls saying how they want a hood nigga but can't handle the shit that come with them. You bitches ain't built for this shit man." I said mugging her.

"I been by yo side through everything Mani and I can't even get a simple hug or kiss from you. I ain't seen yo ass in days and this what I get." She said crying.

"What bout my hug and kiss?" I asked

"See you are so FUCKING SELFISH." She yelled hitting my chest.

"See if I hit you with my child in yo stomach I would be wrong." I chuckled.

"See there you go thinking bout yo self. Have you even been to see mama yet?" Mayari asked putting her hand on her hip.

The sun beamed on her chocolate skin showing off the hint of gold on her melanin skin.

"Huh?" She asked and I looked over and the window licking my lips.

"She been calling everyday about you. Hell Patience even told Footlocker she ain't want to work there no more because she been to stressed about you and the rest of the boys." She stressed.

"I always answer every single one of their calls. They always ask have I seen you. I can't even tell them where you are because I don't even know." Mayari said with her lips quivering.

"Stop with all this crying shit." I said bringing her into my arms.

"I love you and my baby." I said kissing the top of her head.

"I love you more." She said looking up at me.

"Impossible." I smiled looking down at her before kissing her soft lips that felt like a fuzzy blanket out the dryer.

"You going to go see mama soon?" She asked

"Yea I'll go." I said making her beam.

"Imma come with you." She said

"No them niggas can shoot up the car and you finna be in it." I told her.

"That's why yeen been going to mama house huh?" She said

"Yea I can't risk them following me and then some happen to my sisters and my mama. They my heart." I said