Chapter #1, A Glow in the Distance

Name: Ash

Origin: Arachnid

Gender: Non binary

Age: 2046

_____________________________

''I HATE THIS PLACE!''
That was Ash, Ash has anger issues. They get very annoyed very easily. Anyway, they needed to find a village and, like always, they were lost. They wandered through the birch forest, desert, and plains. No luck.
Ash found their way back home, defeated and defenceless against the cruel world that was Orange-ins SMP.
It was a new night and Ash went exploring again.
"YOU HAVE TO BE JOKING!"
Ash was very angry with themself.
Within five minutes of walking they found a village. That definitely beats the 2 and a half hour journey yesterday.
As they walked in, the familiar scent of baking bread passed them. It was then followed by the sounds of various farm animals, of which Ash could pick out a few. Mainly cows and pigs. They also spotted sheep and chickens but they didn't really make a sound, or if they did, not a loud one.
Ash spent the night at the Village, trading, farming and whatnot. The villagers were soon annoyed as Ash usually slept through the day, so of course, it was night and the villagers couldn't sleep while there was someone poking at them every five minutes asking to trade. This meant that the villagers were exhausted when day broke.
Ash never liked sleeping away from their home but in some cases, they had to. Like this for example. They placed down their travel bed, put away their tools, turned around and... a villager. A villager was in their bed. Of course.
Quickly, they woke the Villager up and ushered them out of their temporary house when... another villager got into their bed. (If you have never had this problem, you haven't played Minecraft)
After several conversations and multiple villager issues, Ash finally got to bed.
It didn't last long as it was only an hour or so away from nightfall. This whole mess had taken longer than they thought.
Eventually, Ash managed to get a minimal amount of sleep and a bit more work in the village done. They now needed to find the Farmer to trade some carrots with, but something peculiar caught their eye.
In the distance they could see some sort of purply, reddy-orange thing. Ash went over to explore and found a chest.
And lava... And gold... And some other stuff that they didn't recognise.
The chest contained:

•3 gold ingots

•2 obsidian

•1 enchanted gold axe (with smite, typical -_-)

•1 flint and steel

All of a sudden Ash had the urge to finish off the weird obsidian rectangle, so they did. As they bent down for the second piece they dropped their flint and steel, immediately lighting the weird purple glowy barrier.
Ash touched it and everything went black...