Chapter #2, Blazing Glory

Udhvarcoak Ousff - Back off

Name: Gloria

Origin: Blazeborn

Gender: Female

Age: 2013

___________________________________________

Ash woke up in an unfamiliar place, surrounded my mostly hues of red and orange. Some burning things were lighting up around them. They could barely distinguish flame from lava, it all looked the same.
And for the smell, it was rather unpleasant.
Eventually, they stood up and looked around again. They found a small gap in the wall, big enough to get through, and went through it. Surprisingly, it wasn't much of a squeeze. Although they still found that the solid ground underneath, was less than comfortable.
Managing to get through, Ash took in their surroundings, as the place had changed quite a bit from the small space to out here. The ceiling was high, around the same as Cave Newlight. Lava as far as the spider-eye could see.
Something was unusual. I mean, everything here wasn't normal but something in particular seemed a bit more off than the rest.
Instantly, Ash saw a ball of fire being flung down at the ground towards a... a blaze? No, a girl. She looked like a blaze but she couldn't be. Blazes only had a head and blaze rods, she had a full body.
Well, Ash couldn't be fully sure because they had only heard about blazes in books, and they didn't have evidence.
At the other end of the firing line, was an unusually large, white, flying, squid.
They were about to shout at the girl to duck from the fireball but... she caught it and threw it back at the weird flying squid?
Not too far behind them, a small rock formed the shape of a stool. Ash thought it would be a good idea to maybe, watch over the two from said stool shaped rock.
Ash watched from a distance, observing, what looked like, a game of catch. While they were sat, Ash decided to clean their hair and dust off their clothing. The blaze girl hadn't noticed them yet, but she was going to soon enough.
Ash was immersed in the game, they had lost all focus for anything around them. It was odd really, no one gets this focused on a game of catch.
Just then, they were attacked by a flying flame from an actual blaze. Ash screamed, alerting the girl. Instantly pausing her game of catch, she ran as fast as she could, running through the fire which didn't seem to hurt her.
She jumped in front of Ash, shielding them from the fire. She said something in another language, something like ' Udhvarcoak Ousff ' and the blaze retreated.
''Sorry about that.''
Ash was lost for words. They had been saved from a blaze by a blaze girl that was playing catch with a flying squid.
''I'm Gloria, welcome to the Nether!''