007

TWO MONTHS LATER - BACK AT THE GIRLS HOME.

KHELANI '

Today was adoption day once again, I didn't even wanna show my face but my Grandma made me.

With the evidence I recored of them beating on me and the bruises, I was able to live back with my grandma freely even though they still was Harassing me.

" aye say mane i think i know who i wan adopt " the man said looking at me. He had a ski on so I couldn't really see him.

" Oh Okay, Who? " the lady said

" ha rite dere" he said pointing at me.

" Ha gotta name " i said mugging him making the other dude he was with laugh.

" are you sure? shes a bad ass," the lady said.

" yes i'm sure lemme sign da papers " he said laughing.

" okay here " the lady said.

" bye bye la la i will miss you " Nova said as she hugged me.

Over the pass month i been with Nova, i've been treating her as if she was my little sister.

" take to hoodie off? who you is " I said to him wit a blank face making him laugh.

aint shit funny. I thought

" Aight hurry up" He said as he took off him hoodie revealing him as nbayoungboy.

" nova? there's a lady here to adopt you " The front desk lady said making nova jump up and down.

The lady was so pretty.

" okay sign these pape- OHMYGODDD IM SUCH A BIG FAN " the other kids said making alot of noise and me and nova went upstairs to back.

" thanks la la  for helping me pack, you didn't have to tho " Nova said as she sat next to me.

" you welcome stinkkk you kno you my yungin, and ur new mommy gonna do ur hair fa you and get u some new clothes " i said making her smile showing her long dimples.

" im done " she said holding a small walmart bag with 5 items in it.

" okay im done too " i said as we both walked downstairs.

After i said good bye to nova, i got in the car, i texted mykel.

me
seen you & yo li " frien" otp lol😂.

myluv👩🏾‍❤️‍💋‍👨🏾.
chilllll its not like that & we is just friends.

me
oh lol, imma call my frien too
but anyways i'm on my way home.

myluv👩🏾‍❤️‍💋‍👨🏾.
home? you got adopted?

me
yea, me and nova.

myluv👩🏾‍❤️‍💋‍👨🏾.
ok, bye i love you i gotta go.

me
love you more .

I texted, before shutting my phone off and looking out the window .

" so wassup im Brandon " a brownskin boy said to me who was sitting next to me.

"oh cool, ma name Khelani, you ca call me lani.
i said looking at him with a slight smile.

"oh i heard ur name before didn't ur mom pass away?" he said

"Ya, how you know? " i said looking back in the window.

" oh, because it's all over the internet " he said showing me a video.

" oh " i said feeling my eyes get watery.

" im so sorry i didn't mean to make you cry, its okay " Brandon said pulling me into a hug while i cried silently.

It actually wasn't ok, there was a video of my mom getting shot, a picture of her dead body.

I was sick of everybody telling me it's ok, and their sorry. Saying sorry or it's ok wasn't gonna bring my mom back.

༄༄༄༄༄༄༄

K   E   N   T   R   E   L   L

" mane idk how to take care of a li girls" i said otp wit nene.

" kentrell you got this, i will help you out , kacey said hey tho " nene said.

" bring him over here for da weekend nene" i said.

" okay, bye kentrell see you later on " nene said hanging up.

" Mans idk how to take care of a li girls, tf i'm supposed to do, but ig i can get to know Khelani? i think that's her name.

i said getting up heading towards her room.

" wassup li one " i said.

" wassam " she said.

" what chu in hea doing" i said.

" mane idk i need some new stuff in her it's creeping me out, whoever decorated this need they ass whooped asap " she said making me put my hand over my chest acting hurt.

" wow Khelani i'm hurt " i said falling onto the ground holding my heart.

" aww i'm sorry " she said laughing.

" let's talk about stuff cause we need to bond since i'm yo father now " i said sitting on her bed.

"okay but what do you want me to call you? dad? kentrell ? " she said.

" you ca call me dad or pops it don't really matta " i said.

" okay, well Dad, im liking the new house so far " Khelani said looking down.

" okay, how you feeling deep down inside, you can talk to me " i said looking in her eyes.

" Well for starters, i miss my mom, im scared Kacey and the rest of them wont like me, dad what if my real dad try's to come back i cant go back to the adoption center, i want to feel loved again, and right now i just dont know " she said as she started crying making me pull her into a hug.

" i promise they gon like you, im not gon tell you everything gon be okay cause i know it's probably not, fuck yo daddy i'm yo new daddy " I said pulling her into a hug as she slowly felt asleep.

Didn't proof read.

thought?

ideas!