Sunburnt kisses

Overview: A summer night in Wakanda.

Word count: 1,484

Warnings: fluff, fluff, and more fluff.

*****

"James Buchanan Barnes. You spend more time with the goats than you do with me. I'm starting to think I'm getting cheated on..."

Bucky practically jumped out of his skin at the voice behind him. His full name along with the mention of cheating? He was in trouble.

The super soldier had been working in the fields all day, tending to the goats and making sure that everything was going well. It was his job, after all. The manual labour mixed with the peaceful sounds of nature was paradise to him. He didn't have to worry about people, he didn't have to worry about possible dangers, and he didn't have to worry about anything triggering dark memories. The only stress he had was if a goat decided to act up or go missing.

His working days were long and tough, which seemed to be surprising to anyone he told. You see, neither y/n nor Bucky needed to work. They didn't need to work to live in Wakanda. It was supposed to be a safe and relaxing haven for them, but both of them found that relaxing haven in work. It made them feel 'normal'. Working a normal job just like everyone else relieved their conscience of freeloading. The Wakandans had done so much for them in the past, even if they could slightly repay it, they would.

Bucky set a hay bale down before slowly standing up, straightening his posture as his mind begun to race. He was never called his full name. Never. Especially by y/n. He was terrified. However, as he turned to face her, his wide eyes quickly shifted into ones of adoration.

As annoyed as she was, she looked beautiful.

Stood there in the middle of the field, the setting sun lighting up her already perfect face. The long grass grazed her shins as the gentle breeze flowed through her clothes, arms crossed tightly over her chest. To Bucky, she looked like something out of a painting. He just wished he could freeze time and stare at her for hours. His Doll.

A bashful smile started to tug at y/n's lips at the sight of Bucky just looking at her. She could tell what he was doing just by the adoration in his eyes. It felt amazing. Never in a million years did she expect to be treasured in such a way. She could be doing anything, and Bucky would watch her with the same adoring eyes. It was a sort of love that neither of them could put into words.

Her annoyed front started to waver as Bucky continued to stand and stare. God, he was such a charmer. It wasn't fair.

Bucky could see that smile trying to tug at her lips, causing him to grin as he started to make his way toward his lover. "You know I'd never cheat on you." He hummed, moving straight into her personal space. A calloused hand settled itself onto her hip, resting his forehead against hers so that he could stare into those wondrous eyes. "Besides, who would cheat on someone so pretty..?"

Y/n let out a quiet laugh, stomach exploding with butterflies as if it were the first time they'd gotten close to one another. The pair had been together for years, yet that 'honeymoon phase' never ended. She averted her eyes from his gaze for a few moments, but when she looked back up, her annoyed facade had completely melted. "You're lucky you're handsome. You're the cheesiest person in the world." Y/n grinned, her voice hushed despite there not being anyone else around.